We stayed at An Lochan for a couple of nights and ate here for both dinners (the village doesn't offer much in these terms).
As some other rewiers wrote we had been attracted by the beautiful web-site and by the promises of great luxury rooms and gourmet-meals.
We were actually looking for a quiet spot to spent a short period, after driving all around Scotland and here we found just what we were looking for:good food, nice hosts (the young guy at the reception is very nice and helpful) and a lot of relaxation.
We had a Superior room with a big window overlooking the sea which was really nice, but we'd have been a little happier if we spent a little less.Also the restaurant was good, but as the room a little too costly.
Overall, the hotel is good as well as the staff, the service and the food and if we have the chance of passing by again in the future we will for sure give it a stop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As you arrive the magical waterside setting will take your breath away. If you enjoy supremely fresh seafood, comfortable rooms with stunning views, great individual hospitality and an area with fabulous seascapes with an island feel your stay at The Royal an Lochan will leave nothing to be desired. We are however only 90 mins from Glasgow and on a scenic peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, LateRooms, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Royal an Lochan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal An Lochan Hotel Tighnabruaich
- An Lochan Tighnabruaich
- An Lochan Hotel Tighnabruaich
- The Royal An Lochan Tighnabruaich, Scotland