I‘ve eaten here a few times, because I can put aside the rude staff and cramped atmosphere. The food is good, if a little pricey for what you get. We were in a group of six and waited 30 minutes for a table, without a ‘hello, how are you?‘ - or ‘we‘ll save a the next table for you‘... which was annoying when a couple of local young lads came in and snapped up a table, refused to move, bought 2 pints then sat on their phones texting... No offence, but a table of six people eating and drinking will make you a lot more money than the local text team.
When we finally got our seat... but not before having to force it from someone else who was about to take it... we then have to choose our food and order at the bar... including drinks...
Eventually food arrives. It‘s as good as you‘ll get in Tighnabruiach/Kames unless you want to remortgage your house and go to the Royal An Lochan. I‘d recommend the fish and chips... trust me... don‘t venture off in this place... stick to a safe fish n chips. Fresh fish, but sadly frozen pees and chips... and a semi palatable tartar sauce - but all tastes ok. What happened to these little towns, the Scottish food used to be great?
As I said, its a struggle but the food is ok and it seems to be the busiest place in the area, but they could have a better system where its first come first served or even take names of who‘s waiting rather than let people try work it out for themselves because that will blow up in their faces one day. And the staff could be a bit cheerier... I know its tough living in the sticks but for lords sake, crack a smile.
I give them ten out of ten - for being better than the Burnside Bistro - which was just awful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A character hotel right by the water in one of the most scenic spots in Scotland. The perfect place to unwind and relax and take in the breathtaking views. Eat our delicious home-cooked food, sample our local ales and collection of single malts and enjoy some local banter in our lively pub. A warm and traditional welcome awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Kames Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kames Hotel Tighnabruaich
- The Kames Hotel Tighnabruaich, Scotland