This is our second stay at this hotel and again such a wonderful experience. You simply cannot beat the view when you look out of your window, just beautiful. The staff are really friendly, it feels like a very happy family home. The hotel bustles with locals which to me is a very good indication of how the hotel is recieved by the community. The adjoining bar was busy, happy, full of chatter and on the night we stayed included a musical extravaganza of local musicians sat round a table with some happy, wig-clad folks enjoying the lovely atmosphere of the night! We also ate an evening meal in the lovely stately dining room which is very tastefully decorated, incorporating the original victorian features of a grand house. This room is quieter if you feel like having a peaceful meal and the quality and variety of items on the menu is just superb. We had prawns wrapped in haddock and cheese roulade on a bed of crushed potatoes and fresh vegetables, it was delicious! Our friends had what they described as a "Whale like portion of battered fish!" with chips and mushy peas. Others had Mussels which looked fantasic, large, meaty and tasty. There were 7 of us in total and with our various needs we were all catered for in the most patient and satisfactory manner. Faultless service and happy to oblige. Breakfast was lovely too, served again in the lovely dining room. We arrived downstairs to the smell of freshly brewed coffee and a choice of cereals, juice, speciality teas and a breakfast menu with much variety. From porridge to a full cooked breakfast of quality local produce, or eggs cooked any way imaginable! You could ask for nothing more. There was no limit to tea, fresh juice, coffee, tea or toast. We didn't feel rushed and these folks were busy! Our room was beautiful, we had a front facing room which was tastefully decorated,spacious, quiet and spotlessly clean. Fantastic value for money. We will be back again in October. Another rather nice personal service was the courtesy phone call a few days before to confirm booking and evening meals times which I find reassuring when I am going to stay somewhere so I know everything is ready and they are well prepared for us. Happy, happy, happy customer indeed! Thank you, you lovely people!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A character hotel right by the water in one of the most scenic spots in Scotland. The perfect place to unwind and relax and take in the breathtaking views. Eat our delicious home-cooked food, sample our local ales and collection of single malts and enjoy some local banter in our lively pub. A warm and traditional welcome awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Kames Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kames Hotel Tighnabruaich
- The Kames Hotel Tighnabruaich, Scotland