“The perfect break away from the city.”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
We have amazing views from the deck.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
German first
Any
Simpson55...
“The perfect break away from the city.”
Reviewed 27 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed at this B and B over a month ago. We stayed for two nights and joined the bread making course. Well what can I say....an Amazing weekend!!! we got a warm welcome in this beautiful hideaway, the place has the perfect balance between modern and vintage character! The rooms were comfortable, clean and very stylish- much more like a boutique hotel! My favourite part of it was the warm fire, shelves full of books and the big comfy couches in the lounge area!!

The bread baking course was such good fun and very informative... And at lunch everyone sat together and had some very tasty home made soup and bread! The bread we all made was fantastic!! the course was so inspiring that since then I have not bought bread from the shops- using the recipe I got from the course i am making my own bread each week!

I have since recommended this place to all good friends and family members.

Ps take their advice on restaurants- again we were not disappointed!!

LeslieofG...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A Wonderful Escape to Ardbeg”
Reviewed 21 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

My wife and I have just enjoyed two wonderful days staying at this superb guesthouse where the friendly greeting from Andy and Joan set the tone of our stay. We were able to relax in a truly fine appointed room with stunning views of Rothesay Bay and beyond; whilst the breakfast in the spacious conservatory was so tasty and well presented - with the freshest of new laid eggs from their free ranging hens. The bread making course was so informal and pure fun, that confidence levels quickly rose as did the dough and it was an educational and rewarding experience. Andy & Joan are a fountain of local knowledge for eating out, pubs to visit or Bute points of interest and a return visit to Munro's is a certainty. Highly recommended.

HJWilson
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“If you love somebody....”
Reviewed 10 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

.........give them with a surprise and stay, or better still enrol on the bread making course, with Andy and Joan. My wife gave me a present of a family stay and bread making course at Munro's for my birthday. (Me, my wife and our 13 year old son). Our return is not a question of "when" and more a question of "how often". Quite apart from the fantastic accommodation, breakfast and the bread course, Andy and Joan know the island intimately and their advice helped us Bute "newbies" to make really the most of our stay.

Travelling group: Family
Chellebef...
“Another wonderful stay”
Reviewed 9 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

This is the 3rd time I have stayed and once again we had a very warm welcome. Lovely hot drink offered on arrival, tasty breakfast especially the homemade bread. Nothing is too much trouble for Joan and Andy, very hospitable and accommodating. The views from front rooms and breakfast room are wonderful. Would highly recommend a stay to anyone visiting Bute overnight.

Denise196...
Glasgow
“Munro's B & B Rothesay”
Reviewed 4 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Smashing time in Bute. Had a lovely stay in Munro's. Joan & Andy are great hosts. We stayed for the bread making course which was great fun. We would highly recommend to anyone else. Room was bright,clean with a lovely view. Breakfast is made to order,warm and freshly made really lovely.

jinty1055
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A must place to stay”
Reviewed 1 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Have just returned from a great 2 night stay at this lovely B & B. The bread making course was fantastic and Andy and Joan were great hosts who made you feel more at home than staying in a B & B. The room we had was spotless with a great en suite, and had great views. Breakfast was almost tailor made for your own requirements and also included fresh home made bread.
Would highly recommend to others

Jill B
Fochabers, United Kingdom
“Just brilliant”
Reviewed 30 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

This B and B provided the backdrop to a wonderful long weekend in Bute. Booked as part of a deal with a days bread making course included it has been the perfect way to begin the new year, relaxing with great company and having a lot of fun learning some new skills.

The minute we arrived Joan, Andy and their black labs couldn't have made us feel much more welcome, from the huge pot of tea and biscuits we were offered on arrival, to the thoughtful touches dotted around I can only say how brilliant things were. Our hosts were extremely knowledgeable and accommodating, suggesting places to eat in town, calling taxis and making reservations for us.

If I was to return to Bute I doubt I would want to stay anywhere else. Really fantastic.

Travelling group: Friends
Management Response
31 Jan 2013
Once again, a stunning review. We just want to go and make ourselves a nice cup of tea, have a chocolate biscuit, sit down and gaze wistfully into the middle distance......
The reality is we'll do the washing up and make some beds...
Thanks for this - it's wonderful....
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;