“best curry in town”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“best curry in town”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We are frequent visitors to this restuarant, excellent value for money great selection of curries and quality ingredients. best curry in town.

Visited March 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Poor service”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Went for a meal on the Easter weekend , when we got to our table and ordered drinks we were then told they did not have a drinks license ! Had to then walk to the nearest co op to get a drink /off sale which was a good 15 minute round trip .Once i had returned i found that my starter did not arrive and other people who came in after me had been served theirs ! To finish it off we were then given the wrong table bill and no apology given for this mistake .The food was ok but i will not be back .......

• Visited April 2013
Scotland
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

A friendly welcome from the waiter and lovely fresh tasting food. A real pleasure, and good value as it is BYOB. (there is a handy co-op round the corner!)

Visited March 2013
Erskine, United Kingdom
“Don't be put off by the looks!!”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Had been to Rothesay on a previous occasion but hadn't called into this restaurant but had heard that it was very good so on our most recent visit we decided to give it a go.

The decor (as several others have reviewed) is terrible, it really could do with brightening/freshening up and the windows have condensation on them. There are paper table cloths on the tables and the seats are a wee bit threadbare but I was determined to sit and have a meal there.

We had poppadoms and the spices while we looked at the menu. The spices were obviously all made in the restaurant, not bought in and I thought they were rather tasty even the lime pickle, which I normally don't touch. A previous reviwer had commented on the "white goo" that comes and called it tasteless but I didn't find that.
I ordered Prawn Puree to start and my boyfriend had Chicken Pakora. My prawn puree was as good as I have had anywhere so no complaints there. The chicken pakora looked very nice and fresh. My boyfriend was not for sharing but assured me it was lovely!!
For mains we ordered Lamb Rogan Josh and Chicken Tikka Bhuna, with a portion of Pilau Rice and a Garlic Naan to share. I was initially concerned when the curries came out as they both looked identical except for the visible meat, so I mentioned this to the waiter. Had there been a mistake? However, he explained that the curries that we ordered used similar ingredients and so would look very similar but should taste differently because of the spices. I took him at his word and they did indeed taste very different. I really enjoyed mine, the lamb just melted in my mouth.
My boyfriend and I do not have massive appetites so we found our serving size plenty but for those big eaters or those that like a lot of rice they may want to order one rice per person. The naan was very tasty but seems to have shrunk in size from some of the reviews posted, but again we did have plenty to eat. And for the price, it was really good value.

The restaurant does not sell alcohol but they are more than happy to let you take your own in and will give you a suitable glass for your drink.
As we were the first two in, we got the heater brought down to us, so I thought that that was a nice gesture.
A funereal party came in during our meal, about 12 of them, and waiter who was on his own, was very attentive and catered to all their needs without batting an eyelid so I think credit needs to be paid for that. The takeaway side of the restaurant was also very steady so it clearly is a good place to go and I would definitely visit again in the future.

• Visited February 2013
Isle of Bute, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Beautiful food and very reasonable. It's great to have a very good restaurant and take away on the island

• Visited January 2013