“Helpful Chef”

Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Although we were at the "coos tail", Chef helpfully put our soup into takeaway coffee cups. It was delicious! Many thanks.

2  Thank Alison H

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We enjoyed a delightful lunch at the Mount Stuart. I had never tried Cullen Skink but it was delicious. It is a smoked haddock, creamy soup, much like potato soup but very tasty. I also had a delicious fresh sandwich made with veggies and feta. The service was superb. I highly recommend this restaurant for a yummy gourmet meal.

1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were with a coach party and told we were welcome to stay but the seating arrangements were chaotic, the menu overpriced and the sandwich I had was stale!

1  Thank Jan A
MSIOB2011, Guest Relations Manager at Mount Stuart Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies for your recent disappointing visit to The Mount Stuart Tearoom. It appears from your review that that our freshly prepared sandwiches, did not meet our usual high standards. I would like to offer you my assurances that our quality control process has been reviewed to prevent a future occurrence.
I would also like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback, and hope that you give us the opportunity to welcome you back to The Mount Stuart Tearoom again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Great place for tea or coffee with great scones and cakes. Very friendly and obliging staff. Efficient service and excellent dinner on 1 of their Evening dining nights. Good wine. Fun watching the chef prepare and cook everything 20yds away.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Enjoyed a lovely lunch in this superb restaurant before visiting Mount Stewart House. Food and service were first class and would highly recommend both restaurant and House.

1  Thank mhomac