“Good food & good prices”
Review of Esplanade Hotel

Esplanade Hotel
Ranked #6 of 37 Restaurants in Rothesay
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had a meal here while we stayed on the Island for a night. The meal was of good value. Were let know what was off the menu when we sat down. The staff were friendly. We had a table over looking the harbour/sea and it was nice. The place was busy when we arrived and stayed busy.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great food at reasonable prices and a fabulous view over the water to make if even more desirable. Ate there both nights and were not disappointed.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Honestly, this place is a real treasure. I love my food and I really love good, honest, well prepared food. Every time I come back for a lunch, the meal is excellent, faultless. Whether I have the Roast dinner on a Sunday or the Lambs Liver during the week, it always comes out beautifully presented, well cooked, hot and very tasty. I have tried the mussels and the haddock pakora and they are lovely. I am so pleased that I have this place just down the road in Rothesay.
I have always found the staff very friendly and welcoming, there is sometimes a little wait for the food but hey, this is Rothesay not Glasgow! The Isle of Bute is a relaxing place, the pace of life is slower and nothing is ever a problem. So relax and enjoy your meal here.

If I had one small issue, it would be with the sachets of condiments, I am not a lover of these at all. That shows you how fussy I am!

figaro15, Manager at Esplanade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments.

We do agree with you about the sachets of condiments and are working on it - It is something we need to change!!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Visited following recommendation and were not disappointed. They offered a good range of meals and an interesting choice of real aleall with exceptionally friendly service. The meals were of good size anbd quality and better than we expected fro the price paid. They were busy on a Wednesday evening with locals and visitors and everybody seemed to be enjoying their meals. Certainly seeing nearby diners enjopying meals we had not chosen made us wish we were staying in the area to call back and work through the menuu. Would definitely recommedn anyone seeking good food at reasonable prices to call here.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

A lot of the restaurants were closed in Rothesay when we visited but the Esplanade was open and we had some OK meals in there. Nothing outstanding just good honest food which is just what we wanted.