“Home from Home”

Ranked #10 of 18 Rothesay B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Home from Home”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I work on Bute for a fortnight every month and therefore I spend most of my life in this B&B. I have to say there is nowhere else I would rather be. The owners Heather and Callum could not be anymore helpful and caring. My job has me working extremely antisocial hours and so they work around me. There is never anything that is too much of an inconvenience.

The B&B is lovely, the rooms are spacious and clean and the views are something of a marvel. Having stayed in nearly all the rooms at one point, I can thoroughly recommend them all. They are very accommodating and not only house me but prepare me all my meals as well. Heather is a wonderful cook and always has me very well fed.

The B&B is a 5 minute walk from the town centre and is right on the shore front. Buses run regularly providing transport round the island. There is also disabled access and ground floor rooms available.

Whether you are staying for a few days or a fortnight I would thoroughly recommend Argyle House. Not only are the rooms very reasonable priced but the owners are some of the loveliest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and would make your stay most enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sammi J

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We stayed for the last night of our "mini-moon" touring Scotland and it's beautiful western isles. We arrived and the owner was a delight - she had seen our comment that it was our honeymoon, and had upgraded us to the largest sea-view room - it was gorgeous and then to top it off she had provided us a complimentary bottle of champagne! We couldnt have felt more welcomed. We explored the delights of Bute's beaches and the gorgeous town of Rothesay. We had a great chinese meal in the town centre followed by a delightful coastal walk back to the hotel. Breakfast the next morning was delicious and all freshly cooked to order. Nothing was too much trouble, we wouldnt hesitate to go back to Argyle House if we ever go to bute again. Highly reccommended!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple