“FAB FAB FAB”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rothesay
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“FAB FAB FAB”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

we came to Bute for Masonic weekend. Melanie, Alison were just the best - We would reccomend this to everyone!! Thanks for letting us stay we had a blast! Reception and room carpet need deep clean but that didnt effect our stay we loved it and the people our hosts were the best and we will be back x

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank j_lo1603

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Geneva
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Well I actually did not stay in the hotel although I was booked. There had been a slight confusion with the date. However, the owner actually offered me the spare bedroom in their own apt for next to nothing. After travelling around the world in my work, I have never run into this kind of hospitality or ability to sort out a problem. I was very impressed with her kindness and offer to arrange something so I would not be on the street. Since I had friends in town, I was able to stay with them. If the hotel is anything as great as its owners, I'm sure people will love it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank bswuss
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We came to Bute for a wedding, and my friends and I booked out all of the rooms. It was absolutely ideal for us, only 2 minutes walk from the ferry with stunning views over the water. The hostess was lovely, very helpful and the breakfasts were really tasty with plenty of choice. Lovely garden at the back too, which we made good use of! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Palm24
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This hotel had a great view of the water and the beautiful surrounding area, was central and had very nice rooms/bathrooms. There was a great selection of breakfasts to choose from, and ours were delicious.
The best thing about the hotel, however, was the service. The owner was really friendly and kind, and after I left my sunglasses behind at the room, she promptly sent them all the way to London.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jackh1111
Darvel, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Unlike a similar B&B nearby, they were happy to accept my booking for only one night. Seems the owners family once owned it and has been repurchased. Great views from the top floor which my American cousins I was hosting really appreciated. They were left with a great memory of Scottish hospitality. Thank you Cannon.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Stephen M
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 6 July 2013

The perfect place to stay if you plan a trip to Rothesay on the Isle of Bute. It is within easy walking distance of the ferry and the town. Beautiful views of the sea and mountains from our large bedroom window. Our gracious host and hostess made us feel at home and took good care of us. My heavy suitcase was carried for me to the third floor bedroom.

The host lived in this home when he was younger. They recently bought it back. Their aim is to please and they certainly did.

I can't remember the exact price, but I know it was quite reasonable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lanihahn
Clydebank, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I had noticed the good reviews for this place, and kind of last minutely had emailed about a reservation. I was replied to promptly and courteously. I advised of the occasion, as i was looking to propose, and has asked for a late checkout. I was offered a wonderful suite, with a great view, and late checkout was offered with no fuss! Service with a smile and friendliness, whilst being unobtrusive. We will be back, as it is conveniently located, with nice staff, and is a building full of character. 1 very small suggestion, frying the "tattie scone", but that's just personal preference!!

Room Tip: the suite with the "love seat", a view that surely cannot be surpassed