All reviewsbooked a tablescallopsfantastic foodfamily meallarge ensuitestayed here for one nightspecials boardvisiting butequiet locationevening mealfirst classbeautiful islandboth nightsmy mumtwin roomfeel very welcomean extensive menu
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I stayed here for two nights in the new Courtyard suite with my dogs. I was delighted with the accomodation which had two ensuite bedrooms and a sitting room. My windows looked out on to the fields with the shoreline in the distance. The ponies in the adjoining field were particularly delightful.
I ate in the hotels restaurant on both nights and enjoyed two excellent meals. The wine list is also very reasonably priced.
On my first night the restaurant was incredibly busy so as I did not wish to eat at the bar the staff were kind enough to do room service.
Maria the host was particularly friendly and helpful and I shall look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Archiesangster
Reviewed 18 August 2017

My friends live in Kilchatten Bay , so a visit to the KingGarth Hotel for a meal tonight was a welcome chance to enjoy a drink and good food. We were made very welcome and there was a special menu on because the island games are on this weekend. The choice was very good and we all enjoyed the well presented foods, especially the scallops.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank classy63
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Stopped for tea and a scone. Teapot size was really for one person but we were given this for two. Got two small cups and not a drop left to top anyone up. Scone was not great and cream was terrible. Certainly was the most expensive we have paid in very long time. Won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Great choice of food and very friendly service.
Just as well we had booked as it was very busy even although it was a typical "Scottish Summer Day!" Most of us had battered haddock and crème brulee which I can highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessie G
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely lunch with some long standing friends.
Scallops and battered haddock for me.
Great choice of menu and well priced.
Well worth making the 20 minute journey from Rothesay.
Excellent service and friendly