“Wedding 6th July 2014”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Arden
Price range: US$24 - US$32
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Cruin is situated along Loch Lomond about 5 minuted drive north of Balloch
Erskine, United Kingdom
“Wedding 6th July 2014”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I had our wedding here on 6th July and I can only describe the day as phenominal.
Staff were amazing, and nothing was ever a problem, even down to two last minute guests arriving, and when seated they had name cards and their own choice of food. It was as if they had always been coming!!

We were really lucky with the weather and this along with the views was just an extra bonus.

The food was exceptional, and almost every guest commented on the quality of the food.

The staff were exceptional, and very attentive, not only to us, but our guests every request was dealt with excellently!!

A special thanks goes to Elaine, Morag, Wilma, Lyndsey and Sandra who were on hand for everything, but a huge thanks also goes to the backroom staff whom we didn't get to thank personally!!

All we can say is phenominal venue, phenominal setting, phenominal staff, phenominal food, which all in all made for a phenominal day!!

Martin & Lynne

• Visited July 2014

Kent
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wedding 26 May 2014”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Where do we start? Anyone looking for a wedding venue with a stunning view, excellent customer service, a relaxed yet extremely professional feel and high quality food then the cruin is the place for you. Every member of staff made us (and our guests) feel special right through from the early planning stages to the big day itself and no request was too much trouble. A special mention has to go to Lynsey, Wilma and Morag who really went the extra mile to make the day go without a hitch. If it didn't mean getting a divorce we'd go back there and do it all again in a heartbeat!! Jennifer & Greig x

aberdeen
“Superb wedding - 14th June 2014”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I've been waiting for my daughter and new son-in-law to come back from honeymoon before writing this review so that I was certain we were all in agreement with my comments.

Firstly, the beautiful location has to be mentioned and it was this that initially determined the location of the wedding - it goes without saying really. However, over and above the wonderful views, the Cruin - Elaine and her team, worked very hard to make their wedding very bride and groom person centred. By this I mean every little detail that was special to the couple was acknowledged and facilitated making their day very personal to them.

The food was excellent, served on time, hot, beautifully presented and with smiles from all the staff. All of the feedback from our guests has been positive in every sense. We did have a chance to thank the front line staff but would like to take the opportunity to thank the rest of the team that are not so visible but who work equally hard to bring everything together so well.

What we particularly liked was the fact that everyone at the Cruin belonged to the wedding party - no other guests, visitors, conference or corporate people to share the venue with and I believe this also helped the focus to stay on all the guests and the happy couple. A definite five star plus service.

On a personal note, after discussing the wedding with my husband afterwards, it became clear that Elaine had, on several separate occasions during the event, asked my husband and myself if everything was ok, was there anything else she could do for us, did we need or want anything? Of course there wasn't as it had already been covered but it was certainly good to know nothing was taken for granted.

I did actually ask Elaine the next morning when we were picking up something I had left behind how did she and her team stay so enthusiastic and full of energy delivering such a personal and happy service and she told me that they just love doing it and thoroughly enjoy seeing everyone having a great time. I would like to finish my review on that comment as it sums up why the Cruin is a perfect venue for a wedding.

I

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank belle1Aberdeen
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Wedding Friday the 27th of june”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Would just like to say a massive thank you to lyndsey and all the staff at the cruin for making our wedding such an amazing day. All the guests really enjoyed the day and said it was the beSt wedding they have been to and the food was amazing . And myself and my husband agree . Most perfect wedding day and the cruin lived up to our expectations and more. The staff were all very helpful and lovely and guests commented on this aswell . Can't wait to see our pictures amazing venue and would recommend anyone thinking to have their wedding at the cruin you will have your perfect day.love Mr and Mrs nestor x

• Visited June 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Awesome wedding venue”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband was best man at Heather & Euan's wedding on 31st May.

The preparation of each staging area of the wedding was beautifully set out. The staff were always on hand if you needed anything - no searching for bar staff always a plus. The choice of food was superb and the timing was perfect. I really liked the way the speeches were announced so you knew what was happening and in what order!

We really lucked out on the weather; sun with a gentle breeze meant no infamous midges until the evening huzzah! We had loads of fun taking photos on the jetty - the area is just stunning and has definitely inspired a future camping trip.

At no point did we ever feel like a sausage (just being churned out) which sometimes happens at major wedding venues.

One small tip - a sign on the road about 400m before the entrance would be helpful; my father-in-law managed to miss the turning twice!

• Visited May 2014