Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
£139
Go to your Happy Price
1,205 results
All reviews robert burns loch lomond lovely meal hotel restaurant staff were attentive stunning views afternoon tea setting wee luss scenery
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2024

Worst experience I've ever had at a hotel. Myself & husband were gifted a £300 gift voucher from his mother towards our honeymoon to spend within the Cawley chain.
We decided to spend £239 of that on a “stunning NEWLY REFURBISHED Premier Suite” of which we only had 20 hours access dude to check in & check out times.
On first arrival we relaxed with a cider to enjoy the last night of our honeymoon. We put the heaters on as the room was very cold & we could hear the outside water, thinking the door was open we tried to close it. The far right side of the sliding door had a gap, the fresh cold air was just coming in. There was no silicone or sealant on this panel which there should have been to ensure the room was weatherproofed. The bad weather amber warning was obviously contributing to how severe we were being affected with the wind howling through, not satisfactory to have a relaxing time.
I went to reception asked for someone to have a look at it, she told me maintenance had finished for the day, she told me she’d get an manager.
She then came alone herself to inspect as management was busy in the restaurant, she deemed it important so we did get a visit from an manager who told us he only handles the restaurant & gets called when maintenance is away. He tried to push the door back into place which only helped a bit & temporarily as the windy moved it again he said he would look for something to fill or cover the gap in the door to no resolve.
We thought we had tape in our cars emergency box but didn’t have enough for the full length of the door. I went back to reception & asked to be moved which we were told there were no other rooms available. I asked if I’d be able speak to a manager that deals with the hotel as £239 for a room that isn’t weatherproofed or sufficient isn’t worth it or good enough.
Another manager came he also looked at it & apologised that nothing could be done & I’d need to email as no one on site had the ability to reimburse. He asked if we wanted to stay or to just leave. Of course we both at this point had drank alcohol & I was not prepared to drink drive back to Edinburgh. we had no other choice but to stay. He left a with another apology.
We went for a meal we were asked if we had allergies I replied with celiac disease they catered to my dietary requirements until desert, there wasn’t a separate gluten free menu but plenty gluten free options available which was great. We both ordered a gluten free sticky toffee sundae. Both came with a wafer on top which in no way was gluten free. Any item identified as gluten free on a menu should be presented as gluten free & not changed from the menu. I asked if it was gluten free the waitress panicked & returned it to the kitchen. They simply removed the wafer & presented it to me contaminated. I requested a new one. Again another unnecessary stress that effected no one bar myself & husband
That was hands down the worst night myself & husband have ever had, it was cold, noisy with the howling wind coming through the gap & noise of the water (we could hear the obviously more premium suit up stairs talking to one another late until around 2am & again around 6am) & moving around at all hours the curtains both sets had a halo of light right round them until some point later the outside lights were turned off. The whole duration of our stay was uncomfortable, stressful & unpleasant. We were meant to be staying in the area until later on Saturday 21st October but both are so tired & stressed we went home early.

Email sent to head office 21st October 2023 STILL NO RESPONSE 24th November 2023. RESENT EMAIL 3 TIME

Update they apologised have zero intention to refund or make right and went back to ignoring my emails. They are nothing but Shameless thieves

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2024

Stopped by for coffee after driving round the trossachs in glorious sunshine. We we were looking forward to having a table with glorious views of snow covered ben lomond against a solid blue sky.
Despite the massive restaurant being almost empty we were told we could not sit at a table in the restaurant (where the views are stunning) and we were shown to the dark and dingy cafe next to it where there are no views of Ben lomond. We waited 10 minutes for our coffee order to be taken by the waiter who passed by our table 3 times without asking us. Needless to say we felt totally ignored and we left.
Whatever happened to customer service? They could have allowed us to have a coffee in their empty restaurant, where all the views are, and who knows, we might have come back at some other time with our friends. We won't be back.

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2023

I booked the restaurant in December 2023. I had asked for window seating. When we got there they had vacant window seating but refused to give them to a party of two as they said it was for a party of 3 as a party of 3 would spend more. Due to this I didn’t feel that inclined to spend as much as I would have and I will not be taking any of my friends, families or business associates there. The food that I did order was terrible. The hot chocolate was very watered and you could taste the chocolate powder. The apple crumble was disgusting. The crumble was very stodgy and tasted uncooked. Very disappointed. Will definitely be going to Sugar Boat in Helensburgh as oppose to Duck Bay Marina,

Room tip: Don’t go there go to the Sugarboat in Helensburgh. Better food and service.
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 130gym
Reviewed 17 December 2023

We didn't stay. Just had lunch in the little cafe this time. Sandwiches are scrumptious. Service is fabulous as are the views. Have had lunch and dinner in the restaurant and both were fantastic. I know friends who have stayed overnight and they recommended it

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2023

** DO NOT BOOK OVER THE FESTIVE PERIOD**

All bookings over the festive period have a non-refundable deposit regardless of party sizes of £10 per person. I've tried to cancel a reservation 9 days in advance and this is non refundable although my confirmation email states this is for parties of 9 or larger with no reference to their festive terms (my booking is for 3 people). If this cancellation were 24/48hours beforehand I would understand. So I am now forced to maintain my booking or give them my money for nothing. Times must be tough. Unhelpful staff, spent more time emailing back and forth than quickly refunding £30. Won't be booking again - be aware of this policy, never experience this policy anywhere else.

Date of stay: December 2023