All the reviews on this page appear to only refer to the Spa at The Carrick...so I'm writing one about the golf course.
Basically, it's FAB!!!
My husband and I played there today along with 10 friends on a deal offered to us by De Vere Golf Resorts. The deal included breakfast at the Claret Jug prior to a round of golf. Breakfast was delish with an unlimited supply of tea and coffee to prepare us for our round.
The round of golf proved to be superb....despite recent heavy downpours, the course was not waterlogged and played like a dream. Everyone came off raving about it and wanting to play it again! It's challenging in places, with some of the bunkers being absolutes brutes, but there are no major hills/slopes which make it user friendly!!! The views on all the holes are stunning!
Only drawback....the usual complaint by lady players....please put loos in as its not 'convenient' to pop in to the Clubhouse half way round!!!
Will we be back???....MOST DEFINATELY!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located two miles North of Cameron House as you enter the Carrick estate, enjoy meandering through the golf course and its stunning water features which engulf you on both sides of the road leading to the clubhouse and the award-winning Spa at Cameron House. Guests staying in a Cameron Club property receive complimentary access to the Thermal Experience at The Spa at Cameron House, including full use of the Rooftop Infinity Pool. From two bedroom apartments to four bedroom luxury lodges and luxury three bedroom cottages, Cameron Club Lodges (formerly ‘Carrick Lodges’) allows you to rent a variety of accommodation. Our self catering options which are available to rent are perfect for families, large groups or a romantic break for two. Within the Loch Lomond resort, there are a host of amenities including The Claret Jug restaurant, The Spa at Cameron House & The Carrick Golf Course and several walking routes. Ideally situated beside Loch Lomond and within the grounds of The Carrick golf course, you can happily sit back and watch the world go by from the comfort of your lodge window, balcony or patio terrace. With a regular shuttle service, the amenities of world-renowned five-star, Cameron House Hotel is only a short ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cameron Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Carrick On Loch Lomond Hotel Arden
- Cameron Lodges Arden, Scotland