“Relaxing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Carrick on Loch Lomond

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arden
The Carrick on Loch Lomond
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arden
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Relaxing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at one of the lodges in the grounds for part one of our honeymoon. The lodge itself was gorgeous, and really homely. The finishing touches to the decor were very impressive and made us feel comfortable and at home. The lodge we stayed in can sleep 6, so we would absolutely consider visiting again with some friends or family for a few days break.
With staying at the lodge, we had access to the spa as well which we took full advantage of. The spa is set over 3 floors and has something for everybody. The outdoor infinity pool was probably one of our favourites as we could relax in the hot bubbles in he spring sunshine. The staff were, in the main, pleasant and attentive but once you pass the front desk you don't really see any staff anyway. The facilities were all clean, and we weren't disappointed in any way, shape or form. Will most definitely be back!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Inbetweener33

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Crieff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Recently bought my husband a Cameron House afternoon tea via Itison online which was half the usual price of Cameron House's champagne afternoon tea. I'm a great purchaser of 1/2 price deals and occasionally find portion sizes, room decor etc to be lacking but definitely not on this occasion. The venue within the hotel was fantastic with comfy big chairs and sofas and the member of staff who dealt with us was delightful - so friendly and chatty - I wish I had taken a note of her name - she was a great advert for the hotel. As expected, the whole experience was great from the tiny warm pastries through to the delicious top tier of cakes and mini deserts and everything else in between. Several cups of tea later we rolled out to the car with the last remaining cake making its way home in a box to my daughter. I am always on the hunt for a good afternoon tea and this has to be one of the best so far. The hotel looked sumptuous in every way and we have decided to come back for a relaxing weekend in a couple of months time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a complimentary visit to the Carrick Spa, with a view to joining. Whilst very grateful for the brief show around and an enjoyable afternoon using the excellent facilities, we came away slightly disappointed in the experience. We have visited various similar quality spas, such as Blythswood Glasgow and Gleneagles, where the staff, ambience, aromas, facilities all induce a sense of calm, relaxation and are of high quality. Carrick ticks all the facility boxes on paper, but requires you to move between the three levels via the lift or what is not much more than an escape stair, which spoils the mood. During our visit there were several of the facilities out of action, the much anticipated rooftop pool with views was lukewarm, and several ceilings showed water damage.
We did not try any treatments or the food so this review is resultantly limited.
We went along enthusiastic to join, and returned without doing so and a little disappointed that such a wonderful location and high quality facilites are let down by missing finishing touches in some areas and poor maintenance.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ImacGlasgow
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

You will not be disappointed with the high spec of these lodges. You can choose from apartments, lodges, coach house or stable block. These are set in the grounds of the Carrick Spa which also has the Claret Jug for food although the menu is good, it maybe needs to be a bit more extensive. The use of the spa, pool etc is included when you stay here and you also have a courtesy coach to Cameron House (about 3 miles away) where you can use all their facilities and they have a few more places to eat and probably better if you have kids as there is more to do, where the Carrick is a lot quieter and better for couples or just a place to get away from it all. The staff were excellent and very helpful. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
2 Thank AyrshirePinkLady
Edinburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

A real mixed bag of a visit to The Carrick. A week spent on the bonnie, bonnie banks was very much looked forward to.
The setting is fabulous and the surrounding area is breathtaking.

Apartments are very well kitted-out and look like top-end home showrooms. Trouble is they look like top-end showrooms - so I never felt at home when I was there.
Simple layout mistakes such as kitchen spread out over 2 opposing walls left you clocking up the miles to make a meal. And our bathroom where the basin was put under a low window - OK for the kids, not so for 6-foot me.
And The Carrick apartments are very peaceful - certainly unvisited by cleaning staff.

The spa area itself is great; the staff, less so. My wife booked in for a spa treatment where again, the service and set-up didn't match the setting.

Does it look beautiful? Yes.
Would I come back? Possibly, if I wasn't paying.
I won't be looking to price the timeshare (sorry, "shared ownership") options.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank onlineali
Donegal, Donegal, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Visited this Spa with my sister and Niece and chose the Spoil Me Package with a 2 course lunch included for 149.00.
It was a wonderful day. Firstly I had two hours worth of treatments with the lovely and excellent Laura who hails from Perth. Then I relaxed with a lovely fruit smoothie and we had our lunch which was of an excellent standard, we were very impressed. with our meal.
Then we had the whole afternoon to enjoy the many delights of this Spa. We used the Hydrotherapy Pool, the stone heated beds, all the various steam rooms. We loved the outdoor hot tub overlooking the golf course and finally we finished with a lovely swim and Jacuzzi in their main pool.
This is the nicest Spa I have visited and for the price and quality of treatments, the lunch and the facilities it really was a lovely way to spend a day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

We have stayed here a few times to test the hotel for our annual conference and a complimentary stay for giving business. This is one of my all time favourite hotels the people are so friendly and dressed in scottish dress it really ses the scene for a lovely Scottish weekend, they have lodges and hotel accomodation, we stayed in different rooms on both our stays, we prefer the more contempary suites but the traditional suites are lovely Dow to personal choice. I liked this hotel so much I actually would like to renew my vows there at some point. They have a sea cruiser and a sea plan to discover the area , a swimming pool, gym, hair dressers and beauticians.what else can I say I absolutely love it .
Try suite 103/ 105 fantastic views of the loch with the sea plane taking off

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arden
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Roman Camp Hotel
Roman Camp Hotel
#1 of 6 in Callander
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel

Been to The Carrick on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!