“fab hotel with friendly staff and food amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ardlui Hotel

Ardlui Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ardlui
cumbernauld
“fab hotel with friendly staff and food amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

booked after buying 5pm voucher.hotel in lovely picturesque setting. actually taken to room by staff member who put heating on in room for us too! room small but very clean n cosy. had dinner in hotel.what can I say!starters pure amazing n steak pie melt in the mouth! room lovely n cosy n comfy. great sleep n breakfast again yummy! staff really friendly n chatty. will defo b back.

• Stayed March 2014
ScottSquires, Manager at Ardlui Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you very much for your review. So glad that you enjoyed your time with us and i hope we can welcome you back to Ardlui in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of days over the week. We came from a relatively near by town not too far away but was ideal for a few days break away in a completely different atmosphere.
In a group with 3 different rooms all of which were good for what we all had required with some rooms having a living area space which were all dog friendly for our needs too. The restaurant area was relaxed and offered exactly what you would expect for typical Scottish 'pub grub' with no need to go out side of the hotel for food. Breakfast was also included. Pub area was cosy and welcoming also and had a pool table in it great area to just chill out. Good little beer garden space to sit at too in summer but unfortunately not great in Scotland in Feb obviously.
One of the main things we all picked up on was how much of an asset the staff are to the hotel. Great service, chatty and welcoming every day and night. Nothing was too much of a hassle. Staff seemed to be kept busy with all aspects of the hotel and seemed very level headed. Great few days and would recommend it to any one for a relaxing few days with a great view of the loch.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Claire129
ScottSquires, Owner at Ardlui Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, i will certainly let all our team members know that they are doing a great job. We hope to welcome you back again soon, hopefully when the weather is warm enough to enjoy a drink in the beer garden.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Didn't actually stay here overnight, but came in for a meal when our car broke down along the road. The food was lovely, well presented and the staff were really chirpy. My husband ate his fish in about 5 minutes it was so good! Will be back again.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank rottiegirl1
ScottSquires, Owner at Ardlui Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for your nice review and i hope you will visit again in the near future.
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Although I am Scottish I had never been to most of Scotland's lochs. Well I decided to remedy this and took a couple of days of work and drove up there. I was unsure of the hotel that I had booked, as I'd never been there, but all doubts went from the moment I drove into the hotel's car park. Not only was the external of the hotel clean and well maintained the view was amazing! Her indoors was very impressed and as this was a wee treat for her that was a bonus, she even went quiet for a wee while!! Check-in was swift and courteous and we had been up graded to a family room, I'm not slim so I liked that. Decor and room in general was clean and well presented. After we unpacked, I supervised, we went down to the lounge bar and were greated with complimentary home-made tablt, home-made shortbread and a gentleman's measure of 17 year old Glengoyne whisky. A great touch. I've worked in the hospitality business most of my life and it's kind of second nature to observe other hotels/ bars/ restaurants but if I were looking to find fault I couldn't. The welcome was great and the staff very knowledgable and happy. You'd be surprised how much differnce a little smile makes. Bossman Scott is a brilliant host and as for his daft dug, well you'll just have to go and meet Hector yourself. Very nice breakfast and our evening meals were great. We had a good laugh in the bar with some guys from Paisley, I think, who had been up to do snow-boarding at Glencoe resort. We visited there the day after, not very far and great scenery, I'd just like to take this opportunity to say sorry to all the drivers who were stuck behind a slow Corolla but I was just taking in the scenery. The only down side was having to leave. Her indoors is already making plans to return and to stay in the lodges next time. Although there is a local train station if you are there for more than 1 day I'd advise taking the car as there is so much to see.

Room Tip: A view of Loch Lomond is a must.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HaggerstonMac
ScottSquires, Owner at Ardlui Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you so much for the great review, it made me laugh. I hope we can welcome you back to our lodges in the near future and for a gentleman's measure of Glengoyne at the bar.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

The small hotel is beautifully situated on the banks of Loch Lomond and was the perfect place to stay for 2 nights to celebrate new year. All of the staff were really friendly and the service was excellent. Although the rooms are very small as it is an old inn, they were comfortable and cosy. We ate at the hotel both nights and the food was delicious, the portions were generous and there was a great selection. We celebrated Hogmanay with a piper and live band and dancing into the wee small hours. The following afternoon they had a pub quiz and served us complimentary hot snacks and there was another more low key celebration that evening. We chose the full Scottish cooked breakfast each day so enjoyed a walk along by the marina to burn off the calories. Sadly our rooms didn't have a loch view because the scenery is stunning. I suppose my only slight disappointment was that neither of the hotel bars had the décor and character of an old inn as I imagined. My first stay here but its a place I'll return to.

Room Tip: book early to get a room with a loch view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
ScottSquires, Owner at Ardlui Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review. Glad that you enjoyed your New Year break with us, we do like to celebrate a little at that time of year. Hope to welcome you back to Ardlui in the future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Fantastic family run hotel. I've stayed here a lot since June 2013 and wouldn't go anywhere else in the area. The staff are always friendly but not intrusive in any way. Nothing seems to be too much trouble. The hotel is consistently clean which is something I'm fussy about. I have stayed in several of the rooms which are all very comfortable and the single room has a great shower. The food is good and the portions are generous. The public bar has an open fire and pool table and is very cosy. The views are fabulous over the loch and different every day. I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sarah A
ScottSquires, Owner at Ardlui Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you so much for your great review and your repeat custom. I am glad that you always enjoy your time with us and hope you continue to stay with us in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

me and my wife stayed at the ardlui hotel in the superior double room the room had a jacuizzi type bath sky tv dvd with a selection of movtes to watch compliments to the chef for the delish food i tried venison for the first time i would also highly recomend the steak pie too as we had the steak pie on our second night the staff are very friendly and cannot do enough for you cannot fault this hotel for anything definetly will be back big thumbs up ardlui keep up the good work thank you mr and mrs webster

Room Tip: upgrade to superior worth the money
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrwebster186534
ScottSquires, Owner at Ardlui Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review. So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will come back again in the future and maybe try some more dishes on our menu.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ardlui
Loch Long Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Knockderry House Hotel
Best Western The Crianlarich Hotel

Been to Ardlui Hotel? Share your experiences!