“Smoked in non-smoking room, dirty, felt unsafe, went elsewhere”
Review of Scottish Inn

Scottish Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in McMinnville
atlanta
“Smoked in non-smoking room, dirty, felt unsafe, went elsewhere”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

When we arrived, the pool was empty, and the lobby smelled like a meth lab. We asked to see our king nonsmoking room that we had reserved, and were taken to a musty, dirty extremely smoky room. The smoke smell remained on my clothing from just entering. There were a large number of rough trade people hanging out in the parking lot. Even with my .45, I would have had one chambered- and felt unsafe if we were forced to stay here. The manager tried to act as if the room was a non smoking room and it smelled like daisies. The truth could not be farther away. We checked out several other hotels in the same area, and had similar results, so we drove to Manchester and got a very nice room there for not a whole lot more money.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere at all costs.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank powerofmum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I'm really impressed with this "mom & pop" motel.

Staying as a single, I have a very spacious room with a fridge, micro and coffee maker. TV selection is outstanding on their flat screen. I'm not sure about the wi-fi, but I can connect by the ethernet cable and it's very fast. The grounds are very clean. Large grass area and newly painted and paved parking lots. The owners are very friendly and care about their property. The only other motels are found in town were the Best Western and Value Inn. They probably can't compare to the $48 after taxes that I received here. Very pleased!!

Room Tip: I think the rooms on the west side are the ones with the flat screen TVs. I stayed in room 170 which...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Mark_S36669
Pace, Florida, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2012

The hotel was completely disgusting. We complained the first night because there was blood on the lampshade and the showere didn't work. We were told that there was nothing that there is a pool so why did we need a shower, he did change the lanpshade out. The next night we come in to our room and everything had been gone through and some stuff was missing. We called front desk who did nothing but tell us that we were mistaken. we decided to try the pool which was nice untill the three old guys started hitting on my daughter and cornered her in the hallway. At this point I was ready to leave. As I am trying to find my shoes I look under the bed and find this humongous blood stain. Yes I was blood it looked and smelled just like it. At this point it is like ten oclock at night we are sopposed to be heading home in two days so we didn't have a whole lot of money left. I go up and explain to the guy at the front desk that the room is disgusting and my son id freaking out wanting to go home is there any way we can get a refund on whats left of our room. I am told no that is impossible if I had come before 11 he could give me one day back but he can't give me anything now. We were so mad we left the hotel and slept in our car, the car was worth it smelled better and was more comfortable. I would never recommend this hotle to anyone, it was horrible. The service sucked, you couldn't even understand the weird guy at the front desk, lthe rooms smelled, there were nothing but drunks and the blood was just too much.

Room Tip: If you want a good room stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Alicia F
South Lyon, Michigan
Reviewed 8 August 2010

After reading a reveiw I booked a room for 2 nights at this hotel,only to find the smell of mildew and mothballs overwhelming, when I asked for my money back they said they could give me another room(but the lobby smelt the same) I declined they hesitated,but gave me arefund on my credit card,charging me 10 dollars for going through you. I was waiting for her to process my return at the night window,and my throat beginning burning. Do not stay here. We went down the rd to Best Western.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank ditty98
Norwalk
Reviewed 15 July 2010

The proprietors were kind. The room was clean. the atmosphere was pleasant. And on my next visti, I would stay there again...

• Stayed June 2010
2 Thank MaryinNorwalk
Chicago/Midwest
Reviewed 8 July 2010

My daughter and I were visiting a sick relative in McMinnville and only needed a place to sleep for one evening. We had read that this hotel was "alright" so we booked it. We would never recommend it to anyone else even if the situation called for saving money, as ours did! Our room had such a strong odor--a mix of old smoke, mildew, and who knows what else--that our throats were burning. There was a combination cob web/hairball in our bathroom the size of a small soccer ball--seriously!!! The toilet seat was disgusting and the shower was.....well, I showered standing on a towel. Anyway, take it from someone who has never had an experience awful enough to write a review until now....Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank cahodk
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Clean, no smoke odor, roomy and comfortable matress.
Fresh paint and ameneties work. Only negative shower ceiling is flaking and mold on ceiling. Great great at bargain price.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BAMAs_InTheHouse
Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
Americas Best Value Inn
Red Roof Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#2 of 17 in Manchester

Been to Scottish Inn? Share your experiences!