“Room had foul mildew and mothball oder”
Review of Scottish Inn

Scottish Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in McMinnville
South Lyon, Michigan
“Room had foul mildew and mothball oder”
Reviewed 8 August 2010

After reading a reveiw I booked a room for 2 nights at this hotel,only to find the smell of mildew and mothballs overwhelming, when I asked for my money back they said they could give me another room(but the lobby smelt the same) I declined they hesitated,but gave me arefund on my credit card,charging me 10 dollars for going through you. I was waiting for her to process my return at the night window,and my throat beginning burning. Do not stay here. We went down the rd to Best Western.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank ditty98

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Norwalk
Reviewed 15 July 2010

The proprietors were kind. The room was clean. the atmosphere was pleasant. And on my next visti, I would stay there again...

• Stayed June 2010
2 Thank MaryinNorwalk
Chicago/Midwest
Reviewed 8 July 2010

My daughter and I were visiting a sick relative in McMinnville and only needed a place to sleep for one evening. We had read that this hotel was "alright" so we booked it. We would never recommend it to anyone else even if the situation called for saving money, as ours did! Our room had such a strong odor--a mix of old smoke, mildew, and who knows what else--that our throats were burning. There was a combination cob web/hairball in our bathroom the size of a small soccer ball--seriously!!! The toilet seat was disgusting and the shower was.....well, I showered standing on a towel. Anyway, take it from someone who has never had an experience awful enough to write a review until now....Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank cahodk
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Clean, no smoke odor, roomy and comfortable matress.
Fresh paint and ameneties work. Only negative shower ceiling is flaking and mold on ceiling. Great great at bargain price.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BAMAs_InTheHouse
Pinconning, Michigan
Reviewed 20 February 2010

The room needs to be remodeled, but the condition is to be expected for the relatively cheap price. One of the chairs was falling apart. The advertised free wireless internet was extremely spotty, and the connection kept getting lost. Otherwise, the room was acceptable.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank gittinsj
Middle TN
Reviewed 11 October 2009

We live just outside of McMinnville and had company come into town the same weekend a water line burst in the guest bath. Our plumber couldn't get to it until the following Tuesday, so we put our guests up in a hotel in town. We chose Scottish Inn because of the price and they were both pleased with their rooms. For what we paid, it was well worth the price.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank RonniC
Ohio
Reviewed 13 June 2008

I'll have to admit, not so much to look at from the outside, but we had a great stay! The room was always clean and well stocked during our 5 day stay. Fast food was within walking distance with other places within a few miles. Our family will be staying there again over the 4th of July weekend.

Stayed December 2007
4 Thank pookies_wife
Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
Americas Best Value Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#2 of 17 in Manchester
Red Roof Inn & Suites, Manchester, TN

Been to Scottish Inn? Share your experiences!