“DISCUSTING THIS HOTEL SHOULD NOT BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!!!!!!”
Review of McMinnville Inn

McMinnville Inn
McMinnville Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in McMinnville
“DISCUSTING THIS HOTEL SHOULD NOT BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!!!!!!”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

First of all I would like to start by saying that the smell in the lobby was unbearable and the front desk clerk looked as if she just got out of bed. When we finally got our room at 10:00 at night paying $60 we immediately left to go eat. When we returned inspected the room throughly and found a whole in the wall as big around as a pen and felt creeped out right inbetween both beds so we stuck tissue paper in it and it was a never ending hole. The sheets has dirt and yellow stains all over them needless to say my husband and I slept fully clothed long sleeves, pants, my husband also slept in his tobagan. I had to lay my personal blanket over the pillows so my head didn't lay on it. As I go to go to the restroom the wallpaper was peeling completely forgot off the wall s I lifted it up with my foot there was black mold everywhere DISCUSTING. I made it through the night and went to brush my teeth and the sink knob fell completely off someone had obviously already tried to fix it cause there were toilet tissue in the hole. The floor was so nasty, the mini fridge and microwave looked like it was from the 1920's, the light bulbs were blown and the handles were missing on the dresser. But couldn't get our money back because apparently on the sign it says u have 15 min. To get ur money back if u are displeased. NEEDLESS TO SAY THE MOST DISCUSTING PLACE I HAVE EVER HAD TO STAY and we left at 7:30 the next morning I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I also took pictures of this DISCUSTING place I wouldn't let my animals stay here.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank ddak

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 23 July 2008

Staying at this hotel was just awful! We reserved our room through Travelocity and wanted a king sized bed on a bottom floor. What we got when we arrived was the handicapped room which has the entrance to the room from inside the lobby. We were told that the room next to ours would be under construction and an apology for the noise. I insisted that we were to be moved to another room as we would be staying several days and didn't want to deal with construction crews and a lot of noise. I was told there were none available.

I called back and Linda found us a double bed room on the top floor. We took it as we really had no choice (it was the 4th of July weekend). The room smelled very moldy, the toilet ran constantly, the wallpaper was actually peeling off the walls, stains on the walls were horrible, the carpet felt like it hadn't been cleaned in years. No ice bucket, no tissues, no coffee pot for the coffeemaker, the beds were the lumpiest beds we had ever slept on. The blow dryer on the wall was so incredibly dirty, that we chose to go to Rose's to buy ourselves one. 1 small towel per person.

We checked out one day early and the East Indian woman behind the counter kept asking us to confirm that we were actually leaving a day early. She didn't give a receipt that had a day's credit on it and wrote the credit it on the paper. We didn't trust that but she wouldn't give us a corrected receipt. The continental breakfast was tasteless and stale. The phone book in the room was the 2003 - 2004 phone book that had no up-to-date restaurants in the area. Very unfriendly staff except for Linda and a very nice older gentleman who worked the afternoon shift (Harold, I think).

Days Inn down the street is owned by the same couple so we definitely won't stay in either place on our next visit. This was an awful stay.

• Liked — The Exit
  • Disliked — The entrance
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Wife1706

Travellers are raving about these McMinnville hotels

butler
Reviewed 5 April 2008

I am a Heavy Equipment Forman, and pretty much live out of hotel's my crew and I recently stayed at this hotel and it is the worst hotel I have ever been too. First off my guys or I are able to get any cell phone reception we have Cingular (AT&T), Alltel, and US Cellular and we cannot call out. The wireless is horrible one of our laptops will not even connect and the other has 3 yellow bars. The shower has no pressure and takes forever to get warm, the carpet is grungy and coming up in places. the ceiling’s are water stained one of the beds is laying on the floor and has no padding, when laid on you feel what seems to be a 2x4 across the middle and this is the loudest hotel I have ever stayed in so basically if you like peace and quiet and a decent room beware of this place

• Liked — checking out
  • Disliked — beds,shower,no cell phone reception,slow wireless
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mansfield, Texas
Reviewed 27 February 2008

I was in McMinnville for a family reunion and chose this hotel based on where other members of my family were staying. For about $50 per night you get a place to stay with nothing special. We had no problems but, didn't have high expectations either. There is a decent place to get breakfast within walking distance.

Stayed October 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 May 2006

The front desk was empty upon arrival. The "sparse breakfast" was nonexistant at the promised time - had to wake up the clerk at 6:15 to have him drag out stale donut holes and old fruit. If you wanted this delightful meal, you had to walk up steps - not good for me, as I am older and have some problems walking. Massive dangerous holes in the gazebo deck - manager seemed totally unaware of this situation. Not a great experience, Also, wanted to charge a fee for a small dog in the room - said he'd have to "clean the room." Scary thought.

• Stayed April 2006
springfield, tn
Reviewed 27 April 2006

This hotel has lost my reservations twice in the last month. I confirmed with a credit card, and had a confirmation number. Imagine my suprise when I arrived and did not have a room.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank Karl K
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 April 2005

Although staff was very nice and rate was inexpensive, breakfast was sparse, doors to hotel rooms faced outdoors which is a safety issue when travelling alone. Also, the noise from traffic was loud enough to make sleep difficult. Will try another option next visit.

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near McMinnville
Americas Best Value Inn
Best Western Tree City Inn
Best Western Tree City Inn
#1 of 4 in McMinnville
The Retreat At Center Hill Lake

Been to McMinnville Inn? Share your experiences!