“Well worth a visit!”

Ranked #8 of 16 Arrochar B&B and Inns
Hull
“Well worth a visit!”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Meant to write a review after our visit last August but have only just set up a tripadvisor account! We spent three nights here in a very comfortable room and enjoyed the excellent breakfasts, with plenty of choice. There are great loch views from the elevated position, particularly from the breakfast room. The owners are very friendly (without being overpowering) and readily provide advice on local walks of varying difficulty. Arrochar itself is very attractive and has reasonable facilities for a small village. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Campbeltown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Stayed for one night and found accommodation first class... clean and spacious with marvellous loch views.. Idyllic setting. Breakfast was a delight with a sumptuous plate of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Certainly would use again. Very relaxing.and excellent value.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Katzelsdorf, Niederosterreich, Austria
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Stayed there in August just for one night but I definitely would choose it for a longer stay. The room was clean and well equiped, the breakfast was very good and it was quiet although it's situated near a main road. Great view from the conservatory (the breakfast room).

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Recommended to us by the owner of the Seabank, who couldn't fit us in, and what a recommendation!! We initially booked for four nights but after a couple we realised we wouldn't want to leave and Barbara managed to juggle the bookings 'round so we could enjoy another fantastic breakfast, with the extra-special touches as it turned out to go with the stunning (loch) view from the conservatory (Thank you Barbara from a fat lad, your secret's safe with me!). Barbara and Rob were the most welcoming of hosts, genuinely down-to-earth, in fact Barbara's a bit of a card (and Anna the dog is a sweetie too)! Nothing was too much trouble and the room/house itself was immaculate but stll homely. Hopefully be back there next year, if they've any vacancies! Beccy & Graham

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Trier, Germany
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We found Ben Bheula on the visit scotland page. It was a great place to stay. We had a lovely room, great breakfast and the location next to Loch Long is absolutely stunning. So peaceful!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniela K
Monrovia, CA
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I spent three fantastic nights at Ben Bheula and cannot recommend it highly enough. The bed was comfortable, the house was very quiet, the breakfasts were fabulous, and the hiking and scenery are delightful. There was a lot of rain during my visit, but I still enjoyed exploring the local area. Hosts Barbara and Rob were wonderful -- all of Rob's recommendations for local hikes were spot-on in terms of detail and features. He loaned me a waterproof map to keep me on track! And one morning at breakfast, a birthday card was waiting on my plate from Rob and Barbara (and the dog). How thoughtful! The wi-fi didn't work for my computer or my phone, but after about 10 seconds I realized I didn't care. It was a wonderful retreat from the world and I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Note that it is probably most convenient if you have a car. Rob was kind enough to pick me up and drop me off at the train station (a 30-40 minute walk), but in general it is a 10-20 minute walk to the handful of shops and restaurants in Arrochar. I didn't mind because I wasn't in a hurry, but having a car would make it a bit easier to get around.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kiri W
Spruce Pine, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Okay, the b and b is near the road, but it's very quiet, and if you have time there are lovely walks out the back. The rooms are very nice--we had the "attic" room with a foyer and bath all to ourselves, and after three weeks as a couple in very close quarters it was heaven! Nice toiletries, nice nice advice and warm welcome. But the very best thing, given our short, one night stay, was the amazing scrambled eggs with smoked salmon for breakfast. It's really a must-have. I could go back just to eat breakfast, and I'm very picky about my eggs. Wow! Cheers. And thanks very much for a warm welcome, lovely stay, and good dinner reservation. Altogether a great way to end a stay in Scotland--we were flying out of Glasgow the next morning, and it was very convenient as a last stop.

Room Tip: Upstairs for two is a very nice spacious change--with skylight views of the Loch.