Claymore Hotel
US$107
US$100
US$272
  • Breakfast included
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel(Luss)(Great Value!)
US$252
Hotels.com
US$187
US$181
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Ardgartan Hotel(Arrochar)
Loch Long Hotel(Arrochar)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Ardlui Hotel(Ardlui)
TripAdvisor
1,529 results
All reviewsnational holidaysfree barour waiternational coachcoach driverconcert roomno liftscenic viewbeautiful scotlandentertainment roomshower attachmentdining roommet some lovely peopleburns nightfood was lovelygretna greenevening entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I booked my mum on this trip after my father sadly passed away last month after caring for him for a year with terminal cancer. I was delighted when my mum said she would like to go away at Easter, even on her own, as she had not really been out of the house for twelve months I booked her on a National Holidays 4 day trip to this hotel. I messaged their website to ask whether I could pre-arrange a box of chocolates and a bottle of wine to be in her room - no reply - so I rang the hotel and told them about the circumstances - the receptionist said they could do the wine but not the chocolates - then after questioning said 'well I suppose someone could go out and buy some' - absolutely shocking service - if I could cancel I would but we would lose all of the cost and more importantly would really upset my mum again. What do I tell her now? You useless people! Don't even bother going here - I read the comments and was more than happy to give this hotel the benefit of the doubt - forget it.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Karen C
Gary W, General Manager at Claymore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

I was disappointed to read that you received bad service when you called the hotel recently.
This should not have happened,
We pride ourselves with very efficient customer service and I can only apologise that you received such custoemr care.
We are able to offer wine, chocolates, fruit and flowers to any guest who wishes to order them for arrival.
I hope that your mother enjoyed her stay at the Hotel at Easter.
Many thanks,

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Having stayed for four days at this hotel I can honestly say that it was the worst experience of my life. The hotel is dated, feels grotty, is in desperate need of updating and decorating and, would you believe it in this day and age, no shower. We upgraded our room and yes, the view from the window was stunning but, don't turn back round and look at your room. My partner asked at the reception regarding the shower (not even a shower curtain) was given a rubber push on pipe that leaked morewater than the head gave out.. Complete disaster. Would strongly advise against this hotel and would never return.

Room Tip: Having spoken to other travellers I don't think there are any good rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 638Jean

Thanks for your review on trip adviser.
I'm so happy that you enjoyed the view from your room. The views from the hotel are stunning and combined with great weather can be breathtaking.
The majority of the rooms in the hotel do not have showers and our solution to compensate for the lack of showers is to give out shower attachments. This allows you to wash your hair but I also understand it's not ideal for showering under.
We operate a rolling programme of refurbishment and decorating and as you can understand with a hotel this size it takes quite a while to get round to all the rooms.
I do hope that you return in the future .
Many thanks,

Reviewed 19 March 2013

went with national holidays for 3 nights.our greeter was david lovely bloke can't do enough for you.agree with the comments it needs a bit tlc but you cannot fault the food, drinks, hosptality
and a special mention for all the staff.take no notice of the negative reviews.def.use this hotel
again.keep up the good work.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank darrson
Gary W, General Manager at Claymore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Sincere thanks for your kind review of the Claymore Hotel.
David will be delighted you mentioned him in your review - he obviously made an impression!
I look forward to welcoming you back when you return to the Hotel.
Many thanks again.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Seven of us went to the Claymore for the second time. Again we can't complain about anything. Yes some of the bedrooms are 'a little tired' but beds /towels etc were clean. We had requested rooms together and we were not disappointed with lovely rooms overlooking the loch. All staff were very friendly and efficient. Entertainment good. Our National holidays driver Bill was a gem - he gave us loads of information on our days out. We will go back to this hotel again. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank geordieladynewcastle

Many thanks for your review on trip adviser.
I'm so glad you had a great time while at the Claymore Hotel in Arrochar.
National Holidays offer great value for money and with some great offers on currently you can't lose!
Many thanks.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

visited this hotel with national holidays 11 to 15 march 2013.we were very satisfied the food was good as was the entertainment.the staff are very attentive efficient and friendly.the hotel is located in a great position overlooking loch long.we would not hesitate in recommending this hotel.the holiday provide by national holidays represents great value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank eastlands_10

How kind of you to write a lovely review of your stay here at the Claymore Hotel in Arrochar.
I only hope that you can return to the Claymore Hotel for some more scottish hospitality!
Regards,