“Hotel on the Loch”
Review of Claymore Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arrochar
Claymore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Arrochar
northampton
“Hotel on the Loch”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We stayed at the Claymore on a national holidays 5 day break.We found the hotel a little tired,but the food,staff and the rooms were excellent.Plenty of extras if you needed more food,our waitress ADRY was very helpful,always with a smile,sometimes with a laugh.The outlook from the hotel was impressive,overlooking Loch Long.I would go back again if there were different trips to the ones we did this time.Callander,Loch Lomond,Fort William and Oban.a great break,with very good entertainment in the evenings.

Room Tip: ask for a walk in shower(some rooms only have a bath)
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank davryl
Gary W, General Manager at Claymore Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Many thanks for your great review on trip adviser.
As you mentioned in your review the view from the hotel is very impressive and we try to make all our guests feel welcome and offer great customer service to make your holiday memorable.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards,
Gary.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Thought I would try a National Holiday trip again staying at the Claymore Hotel in Arrachor Scotland. Tried one a few years ago, a mystery trip eventually finishing off at Blackpool of all places-ended up in a fight between two women in the dining room of the Norbeck Hydro Hotel. So what did I think of this trip. Driver excellent, but took 8hrs to get there with picking up. The hotel-outdated, shabby, lacked sparkle, a really run down place. No shower, only a bath in the majority of rooms. The management, presumably Nat Holidays, seem to have no pride in their hotels. Lots of people staying, so potential is there to spend and upgrade the rooms. Depends what you want. If you are easily satisfied and are prepared to accept mediocre standards at a low cost then come here. What a waste though, a fantastic area with the potential to make it one of the best around. Wake up Nat Hols and invest for the future. You have finally lost a customer who has supported you, no more!

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Jeff186364
Thanks for your review on trip adviser.
Unfortunately your review seems to make out that everyone who stays here accepts mediocre standards. This is certainly not the case.
As for the management pride in the hotel - all the staff and management take tremendous pride in the hotel and in their job and excel in offering efficient, friendly customer service.This is demonstrated in all the positive comments that we receive on a daily basis.
I do hope that you change your mind and return to the Claymore hotel in the future.
leeds unitedkingom
Reviewed 25 March 2013

sheila & i had 5 days at the claymoor hotel arrochar.located on the banks of loch long.
yes 5 very good days,we had very good excursions to oban loch lomond calander & extar
day to fort william.our driver less whas one of the best very good.also les entertaines us all in the
ballroom with good vocals.the rest of the entertainment whas also very good,the claymoor is a nice hotel but a little bit tired ,the food was fine & all the staff were very good.so yes in all very good value for money.sheila & i will be back for more holls with national holidays.yours,sydney elcock.(ps,just beat the snow)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sydney and Sheila,
Many thanks for your review on trip adviser.
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and especially the excursions with Les the driver - we often get complaints about his singing so you have found your self in a minority - only kidding, he's great!!!
We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.
Bridlington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

me and my friend stopped here last week on a national coach holiday, was given a room on the 4th floor was not happy very dark. went down to recepition no problem 5th floor at the side and had a lovely view of the loch downfall no lift had to drag cases up all them steps and some of the elderly found it difficult. yes it could do with a little TLC, but the food was very good the reception staff where excellent what ever we wanted they tried to get. entertainment every night was really good overall we had a really enjoyable holiday and we would go back again.

2 Thank Christine T
Many thanks for your recent review on trip adviser.
I'm glad we could change rooms for you when you recently stayed at the Claymore Hotel.
As you have mentioned we do not have a lift at the hotel but there are only short flights of stairs between each floor and we are always on hand to offer assistance.
I will look forward to your return to the Claymore Hotel.
Gary.
withernsea
Reviewed 24 March 2013

we went to the claymore with national holidays 18Th-22ND march,although in need of a lick of paint here and there we really enjoyed our stay!! 4 nights excellent sleep,excellent food,excellent service our waitress was Barbara,lovely girl!! in fact it is run with great efficiency,like clockwork.Cant comment on the entertainment as we retire early ready for the next days trip also my husband has had a stroke so tires easily,so thank you claymore for a wonderful 5 day break!!!.A big thank you to Les our driver he was very obliging and knowledgeable.we shall return!! ml&ca Sutton.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side quieter
2 Thank carole s
Many thanks for your review on trip adviser.
I'm so glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay here at the Hotel and I will pass on your comments to Barbara - she'll be delighted.
Many thanks again,
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

mum and I took a last minute holiday We had agreat time ,a nice room, good food and pleasant and helpful staff who were there anytime we needed them. Having worked in hotels as a housekeeping manager, I find the remarks of Jean from Doncaster offensive .We were there on the same break. Baths a great for us as my mother scalded herself in a shower and is frightened of them. For the price we had great value and very much looking forward to staying again. To add to another comment TAKE NO NOTICE don,t be upset by negative reviews!!! see you again soon,And the magician was great fun, Cath Graham

Room Tip: take a compass if you don,t have a good sense of direction.I did get lost several times but that was...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank cathgraham47alston
Many thanks Cath for your review on trip adviser.
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and also that fact that you had a bath instead of a shower.
National holidays offer great value for money and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Kind regards,.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 24 March 2013

My advice when staying at the Claymore hotel is to look beyond some of the run down aspects of the hotel and enjoy a place where customer service is paramount.

There is no comparison in value for money. If you have a problem with your room, or food, please ask...the friendly staff will do everything they can to accommodate you.

I would say that entertainment is geared towards the older set. Bingo and a sing-along. The views are incomparable, situated feet from Loch Long and surrounded by peaks. I was lucky to see seals and otters feeding in the early morning, from my room!

Maura(?) and David were fantastic in helping to move my mum's room from the 5th to 1st floor. Nothing was too much trouble.

My rating is average because we are not talking 5 star hotel here, for that I would give a 2. But for service, I'd give 5 stars...I've stayed in many high class hotels where the service was not a patch on the Claymore's. So I've averaged out my score.

Room Tip: Call ahead. If you're on a tour with National holidays, please call the hotel directly. If you...
2 Thank Phoebebee
Many thanks for your review on trip adviser.
I'm so glad we were able to oblige you and your family when you recently stayed at the Claymore.
We offer efficient, friendly customer service so many thanks for acknowledging this here in your review.
Kind regards,
Gary Watson.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrochar
Loch Long Hotel
#1 of 1 in Tarbet
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Knockderry House Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond

Been to Claymore Hotel? Share your experiences!