“2nd visit at xmas”
Review of Claymore Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arrochar
Claymore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Arrochar
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for xmas a year ago..we were not disappointed then nor were we disappointed this year. We were with National Holidays for 5 days. We had the same room as last year(no probs there).The food was great, the staff were excellent, the Manager was very approachable and friendly.Our room was cold when we arrived but it was soon sorted. Our driver Alex was a hive of information on our tours round the area.We would like to thank the hotel for our xmas gifts,fruit, sweets,calendar and drinks.(not forgetting the mulled wine on arrival which was lovely).All being well we will be back next year.

6  Thank peter955
Gary W, General Manager at Claymore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thanks for coming back again!
We must be doing something right!!
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay again. We all look forward to welcoming you back next winter for more festivities.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Took a trip to Scotland with national holidays, hotel very clean,beautiful location and made very welcome by the staff.Food was excellent as was the entertainment, could not really fault the hotel except the usual thing with old hotels, no lift, so if incapacitated in any way then try and book a ground floor room.Spent five days at the hotel and enjoyed every minute ,would recommend it to anyone.Thankyou national and thankyou the staff at the claymore for a great holiday
Steve

Room Tip: Rooms at front have view of the Loch, and don,t forget, no lift, so ground floor if unable to walk w...
1  Thank stephen m

I'm so glad that you enjoyed some "heavenly peace " during your stay here.
Come back again next December!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This holiday venue was chosen because of its' ideal location for breathtaking scenery and a superb Christmas deal with National Holidays. On entering the hotel, we were greeted by the manager, who welcomed us to Arrochar. The room was very warm and the water was boiling hot. The food was delicious, with plenty of choice. The way Christmas dinner was presented was excellent and as this was the first time we have been away for Christmas, we were very impressed. We would be only too willing to return to this hotel for another holiday at some stage. Usually we visit different places all the time but we would love to visit this hotel in the summertime. Thanks to all the staff for a great festive week!

Room Tip: For those who require a lift, sorry, there isn't one. Nor is there a room with a shower. Always...
1  Thank Ian_Chapman

Thanks for your complimentary festive review.
Christmas here was great. I think everyone had a fun yet relaxing time and it was also great to see previous guests returning as well as some new faces.
Hopefully you'll be back next Christmas!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Hard to know what to review, the hotel or the holiday experience. We went there on a National Holidays 'Turkey and Tinsel'.
This included, bus journey from Bridlington and back, 3 days bed, breakfast and evening meal, 2 day long excursions to nearby towns and 4 drink tokens per person per night!!
And all this for £99!!!
As this will be on the hotels site I will write about the hotel itself.
The hotel is beautifully situated next to Loch Long with amazing views. The staff are mainly Eastern European which is the norm wherever you go and they are all very polite, helpful and charming. Our waitress throughout was Adrienne who was a delight, she welcomed us with a smile at every meal and our meals were at our table literally within seconds of ordering.
The meals were what you would expect for the money paid and more, there was a choice of full breakfast or kippers, full range of cereals etc and the evening meal was three courses of hot tasty wholesome food, I couldn't complain about any of it.
The rooms were adequate, a little tired yes but no complaints for the price, very few rooms have showers, but you could get an attachment for your bath.
All in all I loved my stay at the Claymore and will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the Loch and with a shower if you prefer.
1  Thank global-gypsies

What a great title you have put for your review.
I couldn't say it better myself.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Just arrived back from a 4 day visit courtesy of National Holidays. I was very sceptical about this trip due to the negative comments on trip advisor, but I do like to form my own opinion. We were not disappointed, this is a lovely hotel, the rooms was clean bed was comfortable, the food was lovely, staff were fantastic. I know that National Holidays tend to attract older folk well I am 58 still young at heart, and I really enjoyed this break. Our driver Richard was first class, the outings to Callander and Oban where lovely, yes it rained lots but what the hell it is Scotland. I would definitely go back four days was not enough, and congratulations to National Holiday for a wonderful break.

Room Tip: We paid a little extra for a scenic room overlooking the loch, most rooms have bath only but if you...
3  Thank Lyn A

How great it is to read a positive, complimentary review.
Don't make it too long before you return!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Like many others we took advantage of the breaks National Holidays offer, we paid £99 each for 3 nights (don't fall for the 4 days spiel, you are spending the best part of the first and last day on the coach) but I know many on our coach paid an astonishing £79, I'm not going to moan because that is the crux of the matter. No matter what you feel about the Claymore the price and the hotels location make it astounding value.

Because of the time of year I didn't request a room with a view, I couldn't see the point as it was going to be dark all the time we was in the room, we were allocated room 7. The room was pretty small but it was over the dining area I believe so there was no noise from anywhere on a night time. I found the bed incredibly comfortable and had 3 cracking night's sleep. The TV was a really old CRT portable jobbie and had only 4 snowy and crackly channels, a bit poor in these digital times. The main problem with the room is a lack of a shower, we had mixer taps so we didn't even have one of the rubber shove on type of shower heads so washing your hair becomes a bit of a song and dance. The room was clean and the bedding was spotless, the duvet was adequately warm enough but a fleece throw was also provided just in case. The decor is tired but so will you be and you won't really notice it.

When you go for your first meal you are allocated a table and that is then yours for the duration of your stay, the food is pretty good however the portion size is small if you like a lot on your plate. I found it was enough to make me comfortable, however people in the dining room were asking for extras on their plates and no objections were ever raised, the staff bent over backwards at every request or demand made on them, they were real gems, all of them. My only thought was something like a chips and beans option should be available, you don't always want meat and two veg do you.

The entertainment was great and varied but getting a table in the lovely cosy bar or the entertainment room is a bit of a bun fight and believe you me your going to be social even if you don't want to, sardines in a can comes to mind.

Biggest bugbear for me was the smoking in the one and only entrance, going in or out of the hotel you have no choice but to walk through the group of people puffing away, I have no objection to people smoking but I don't want to have to walk though it either.

All in all I loved the place, just remember if you find something you aren't too happy with just go look out the door or a window, you will soon forget it.

2  Thank UTO1867

What a detailed, informative, descriptive review you have written!
Now all we need to know is - when are you are returning? Soon I hope!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

just got back from a four day trip with national holidays to this hotel and i cant fault it and dont know how they do it at the price, we were all inclusive and thought they would use cheap brands and cut back on food,how wrong was i the food was varied and plentiful and excellent, drinks were of good quality and the entertainment was really good,would recommend this trip to all.

3  Thank jc11_13

Many thanks for your comments on trip adviser.
Its great to see good value recognised here - and of course we all do our best to make sure that your stay is enjoyable and memorable!
Gary Watson.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrochar
Arrochar Hotel
Bay Tarbet Hotel
Bay Tarbet Hotel
#1 of 1 in Tarbet
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel

Been to Claymore Hotel? Share your experiences!