“national holiday review”
Review of Claymore Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arrochar
Claymore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Arrochar
Reviewed 2 May 2014

just returned today from a 5day break at the Claymore Hotel,Arrochar.Upon arrival we where allocated a dark,drab,dingy,room with no shower,we immediately contacted Gary the manager regarding an upgrade.To cut a long story short, 8.30am the next day we had the keys to the Heather Suite,a big, big improvement on our previous room.Apart from this issue, we found Gary and the whole of his team friendly,efficient,and deserving of the improvements mentioned in previous reviews (showers etc) Overall we paid £99 a saving of £60 per person on the original price,due to improvements needed we would not have paid the full rate. Would return once this hotel was refurbished.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a shower,or plan B a shower attachment to put on the bath taps.
2  Thank raymond s
Gary W, General Manager at Claymore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Many thanks for your comments on trip adviser.
I'm delighted that we could oblige and upgrade you to the Heather Suite. It is a terrific room with fabulous views.
I hope that you will return to the Hotel in the future.
Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Claymore Hotel

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our second visit on a National Coach holiday 21-25 April.

The food was very good, plenty of choice. We had an excellent waiter for the whole of the holiday Csaba Toszegi who explained the menu options and also remembered whether we had tea or coffee at breakfast. We were in the small dining room.

The bedroom and bathroom were quite small but we did not spend much time in the bedroom (except for sleeping) as we went out on trips. The cream tea and free drinks were much appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your comments about your second trip to the Claymore Hotel.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay.
The cream tea is a welcome treat in the afternoon and I 'm pleased that you enjoyed that too!!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Excellent staff who simply cannot do enough for you. The location is everything for this hotel as the rooms could do with some considerable updating (showers would be good start) as they are a bit old but very clean nonetheless. The view however is priceless and well worth paying the extra for. Special mention for manager Gary Watson who was very eager to please at every opportunity.

• Stayed: April 2014
Gary W, General Manager at Claymore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

This title says it all!
I just have to add that we are installing more showers in the very neat future,
Kind regards and thanks for the mention too.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

WOW...
Had such a fantastic one night stay
Food superb
Very clean
Entertainment was fun
Views out of this world ...just amazing
Only one small quarm the girl who waited on us at dinner couldn't speak English very well so was a major struggle to place our orders...she forgot to bring one of our desserts so one out of four of us had to wait a while...but other than that brilliant....check on was so fast even though two coaches arrived at once ....never seen such speed and quality service.
Would Definately return...thanks claymore

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Another great title for a super review. Thank you.
You'll just have to come back and stay for longer next time.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have just returned from our second trip to the lovely Claymore Hotel with National Holidays. We always enjoy staying here, and we have never been disappointed with anything. I requested a room with a view and that is exactly what we got. What a view !!!. it was breath taking. The food was fantastic, Barbara our waitress that served us every day was first class, and a credit to the Hotel. The bar staff were polite and friendly, as always, and even the cat came to say hello again. Big thanks to Gary and David for continuing to provide a first class service. We look forward to our return visit again very soon.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a view of Loch Long is possible.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Suzy A

Back again!!
I love it when I read reviews from guests that keep coming back to stay with us.
We must be doing something right - so thank you for returning to the Claymore Hotel.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

When we booked the 3 day trip with National Holidays we were just after a nice relaxing few days away so we chose the Claymore, on booking we were asked what time of room we wanted so for an extra £8 each we asked for double en-suite room with sea view,
the trip up to Arrochar was a little longer than I expected but that's just me wanting to get there before I've set off, on arrival we were greeted by a member of the Claymore staff and given clear instructions of what to do and where to go, the check-in was speedy and pleasant, our room was on the second floor but what a room we got, it was called the Heather suite and on entering I could smell the freshness of the room, clean sheets and soft towels awaited inside, the en-suite bathroom was very big with a large corner bath and a shower and the bedroom was more of a living room with a bed and the views out of the window were excellent and something I would never tire of waking up to on a morning.
The evening meal was served between 6pm and 7pm and had a good selection of meals on it and the serving staff were very pleasant and professional, the quality of food was adequate but basic I would say.
I wouldn't advise taking children unless their idea of fun is walking along the Loch's edge as there isn't much to do but this was an Ideal relaxing 3 day break for me and my wife.
I would return to the Claymore again as I find it to be a very clean friendly and good value for money Hotel

Room Tip: double rooms with Loch views are larger
3  Thank GrahamG76

You've just returned and already the review is on trip adviser - fantastic!
So glad that you enjoyed your stay in the Heather suite!
Come back and sample some more Scottish hospitality real soon!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed at the Claymore in March the hotel look onto the loch and our room was on the front with a beautiful view. The room was clean but needed to be decorated the bathroom had wood panels with were black with mould and the window did not shut which meant the wind howled all night, the bed was clean and the towels were nice and soft. The food was enjoyable and the breakfast had a good choice. There is nothing to do around this hotel so anyone with a family might not find it boring. If I had to sum it up I would say it needed a good refurbish to bring it up to date.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ladyluck1111

Many thanks for your comments on trip adviser.
Some room are overdue for redecoration and no-one understands this more than I. There is a program of redecoration planned for the very near future.
I hope that this will not deter you from enjoying National Holidays great value UK breaks.
Gary Watson.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrochar
Arrochar Hotel
#1 of 1 in Tarbet
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa

Been to Claymore Hotel? Share your experiences!