“A very pleasent stay”
Review of Claymore Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arrochar
Claymore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Arrochar
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We booked up for the National Holidays 5 day Scotland superdeal break. The hotel is in a beautiful location on the shore of Loch Long.
We found the staff to be really friendly and helpful, even the dining room staff who despite being super busy were attentive to our needs.
I think the comments about the hotel being old are a little unfair, yes I agree its not as up to date as some modern trendy hotels but that would be out of place given the location.
In all we had a fab time and met some fab people.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the loch
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Carolyn F
Gary W, General Manager at Claymore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Many thanks for your comments on trip adviser.
I'm so glad that you found the hotel to be pleasant and that you enjoyed your stay.
Come back and see us again.
Regards,
Gary Watson.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,496)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just returned from a National Coach 4 day Break , Staying at the Claymore Hotel Arrochar, The hotel its self is in need of a facelift , we had three rooms between us and all were a very tired state and one smelt of damp, that was the the bad bit , Staff at the hotel were very obliging and pleasant,nothing was to much trouble for them, Meals were served hot and a good choice from menu for breakfast and evening meal , Being all inclusive we were given 4 drinks per day bar opened 11am 12pm except sunday when it closed at 11.30pm entertainment was ok and they also played bingo if you like that sort of thing.

Room Tip: if you require en suite shower you will have to ask at reception on arrival as many rooms just have...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank keith a
Gary W, General Manager at Claymore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Many thanks for your comments on trip adviser.
I'm so glad that you found the hotel staff to be obliging and pleasant. They all take great pride in ensuring all our guests enjoy themselves and are treated in a courteous efficient manner.
Here's hoping that you can return for another visit.
Regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Having read the reviews beforehand I have to agree with the majority.
The hotel is a bit dated .......but....everything worked in the room......food in the restaurant was great..breakfast and evening meal....If you requested the staff to keep bringing toast then toast was what you got.....staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough for you.
We were there on a National Holidays coach so for the price we paid it was certainly value for money....even free drinks every evening.
Now my favorite gripe....WiFi......it was poor in the room but I was already aware of this and if it meant sitting in a public area a couple of times a day then so be it....it was fast enough in the function room....I was streaming radio 5 live when the football was on

Room Tip: When you book ask for a room with a shower
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Kellaken

Many thanks for your comments on trip adviser.
I'm glad that you found the staff to be attentive and efficient and that you found your stay to be of value for money.
The free Wi-Fi in the public areas is a great boon and is well received by many guests including yourself!
Hope that you can return.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

how anyone can moan about this hotel for what you have paid is beyond me if you want the savoy pay the price and stop whingeing food was ok the entertainment likewise and location stunning you will get no complaints from and ive been 4 times and i can,t really take a review seriously when its littered with omg please stop being so lazy and learn to speak properly

7  Thank pipey
Gary W, General Manager at Claymore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Many thanks for your comments on trip adviser.
Your comments are much appreciated.
It's great to get comments from guests who have stayed here many times.
Thank you and hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

just had a four night stay at the claymore hotel the view was spectacular.has for the hotel the breakfast was over cooked and cold.the room had no shower.overall I was very disappointed.when I asked about a room with a walk in shower I was told that they did not have any.i later found out that this was not true.

4  Thank John D

Dear John D,
I'm sorry to read that you were not happy with your stay. We try to make sure everyone enjoys their stay at the hotel and will make try to rectify any issues as soon as possible.
If only matters were brought to our attention whilst you were here then things could have been done to make your stay more enjoyable
I also think you misunderstood about the showers - we have them, just not many of them.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say . This hotel is like house of horrors . OMG can't even rate this place . I have gave it one star but that is not true . The rooms are shocking damp smelly dated. I would rather wash myself in the loch . The staff are really friendly thou this is all it has going for it. The scenery is fantastic .

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Sharon211165

Thanks for your minute review of your recent stay.
I will pass on your nice comments about the staff !
Many thanks,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Just got back from a 2 day stay at the claymore hotel with national holidays , firstly the driver David was really good and the overall trip very well organised , we were booked into room 1 with a scenic view in a very bright and clean room , yes the hotel does need an update in the main public areas , we spoke to the other parties on the coach and at least 4 seperate parties were not happy with there rooms , Food and all staff were friendly especially the restaurant ones , entertainment was only average but you cannot expect top superstars for this price . So finally we would return but ask for a recently updated room which we luckily got this time .

2  Thank margoDurhamEngland

Many thanks for your comments on trip adviser.
I'm glad that there was aspects of the hotel you enjoyed and I hope to welcome you back in the future.
Gary Watson.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrochar
Arrochar Hotel
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Bay Tarbet Hotel
Bay Tarbet Hotel
#1 of 1 in Tarbet

Been to Claymore Hotel? Share your experiences!