“Good value”
Review of Claymore Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arrochar
Claymore Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Arrochar
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Me & my wife have just spent 3 days (3rd-5th/07/2014) here & we will be going back, the food was very good served with a smile with good choices on menu. Rooms are a little outdated & could do with freshening up. But they are clean next time we go it will be a room with a view of the loch. The views outside are fantastic midge spray is essential overhaul you get what you pay for so don't expect 5 star. Entertainment is just about OK nothing to get excited about.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the loch would be good.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Derrick S
Gary W, General Manager at Claymore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thanks for your review on trip adviser.
It's nice to read that you will returning to stay with us again. We must be doing something right!
Thanks again.
Gary Watson.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We travelled with National Coach holidays and found this very good value for money. The hotel itself is old and could do with a bit of modernising especially in the bedrooms which were basic and small. However the food was really good and the staff were exceptional. The manager has this hotel running perfectly and really deserves a mention. The dining room staff are very efficient, polite and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. I must mention Kim who was our waitress and such a nice girl. The bar staff also work very hard and as they are all so good I could not single any out. There was also entertainment in the evenings which was quite good. All in all a very good hotel which would benefit from a little money spent on it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view over the loch.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lulu180453

Many thanks for your comments on trip adviser.
How nice that you entitled your review "Value for money".
That is exactly what we want people to get and we deliver every time.
Thanks again and I hope that you return soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Having visited this hotel on quite a few occasions..my mam and myself were quite disappointed with this hotel. When we booked..I requested a lower floor. Biggest mistake I made. We were allocated room 318 and as we were walking along the passage, you could smell the damp. When we opened the door to our room..it was smelling strongly of foist. As I has a air freshner with me in my bag,we said that as we were only there a couple of nights we could persevere with it. The next morning when I went to get ready..my clothes were damp from out of the wardrobe. There was a problem. The hotel itself is old and is in need of a good refurbishment. The food was of good quality and the staff were good. The entertainment was good. Your singing receptionist Elaine who could sing almost anything.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank marie c
Gary W, General Manager at Claymore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

I'm sorry to read that you were disappointed with your room at the Claymore Hotel.
Many issues can be resolved while you are staying at the hotel.
Had this been brought to our attention we would have moved you to another room.
We are embarking on a refurbishment plan for many bedrooms of which will include this room.
On another note, I'm delighted you enjoyed our singing receptionist Elaine.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Visited here in 2013 and the hotel was about what you'd expect from the National Holidays coach trip. The hotel is pleasant and basic with friendly hardworking staff. Its charm is quaint and very old-fashioned. Food is plain, honest and satisfying. Arrochar is a beautiful place and the view from this hotel is really quite something to behold. Explore the are and a boat trip on the Lochs is time well spent.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your comments on trip adviser.
The Claymore Hotel offers great value for money with fast efficient service in a friendly atmosphere.
Come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Late deal with national holidays, cheap but cheerful! Hotel is a bit dated but nice and clean, carpets in hallways were stained and bit smelly. Food was really nice but our waiter service was terrible until we complained then improved, we even got an apology! Drinks were very expensive. Not much else around except the village pub about 10 minute walk away. Still we had a fab time and met some lovely people. Our driver Peter was fantastic also john the driver from other coach, both drivers were very pleasant and couldn't do enough to help, the tours were great defo well worth the £139 we paid for 3 nights all inclusive. Only down side was the midgies so take lots of repellent.

Room Tip: Request a view of the loch...stunning views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie R

Many thanks for your comments on trip adviser.
You are correct , the hotel is in a beautiful location and when the weather cooperates it can be magnificent.
I'm also pleased to read that your service improved after you complained and rightly so.
Very often complaints are made after departure and cannot be resolved so I'm glad your service improved.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Cannot agree more than with other reviewers. It is a tired and worn out old ship, but the GM somehow manages to create a fun palace with happy, energetic staff and a good value stay. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay on a National trip. Clean bed, hot water, acceptable food and the drinks tickets are a bit of fun. Amazing views and I loved the Reception cat. Managed to stuff my ankle up doing the Highland Fling though - ha ha!!! Great entertainment. Go along and have a let your hair down:)

Room Tip: Take midgey spray!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Brindle2000

So pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our " fun palace".
All the trips here are great value for money and are great fun for all.
Come back again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The Claymore is in a wonderful location with the best views I have ever seen from a hotel. However the rooms are old fashioned and in great need of some refurbishment. The staff are very nice and the food was good. Great value for the price we paid, just needs bringing into the 21st century. Look out for the hotel's cats, lovely friendly creatures.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cazbo1957

Many thanks for your comments on trip adviser.
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and especially the views from the hotel!
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Gary Watson.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrochar
Arrochar Hotel
Bay Tarbet Hotel
#1 of 1 in Tarbet
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel

Been to Claymore Hotel? Share your experiences!