“Nothing special!”
Review of The Cobbler Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arrochar
The Cobbler Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Arrochar
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Like the previous person to review this hotel it has been some time since I stayed here. I went with a coach trip of about 50 persons and this was our bed and breakfast and evening meal for 4 nights. I remember thinking the food was quite good, great Scottish porridge for breakfast and evening meals were plentiful if not that imaginative ! The hotel itself seems dated and untidy, certainly needed some TLC but overall the staff were very pleasant and helpful. I not sure if I would visit again, but if I won the lottery I would love to buy it.....the building itself was lovely and old, great views etc.

Room Tip: Our room looked out onto a brick wall.....request a room with a view !
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Polly G
Reviewed 13 October 2011

It's been quite some time since I stayed here some time ago but as it had no reviews I thought I would add one.
Was travelling to the north of Scotland with wife and 2young children and had prebooked a family room. First impressions were promising as the place looked quite grand from a distance but as you approached it seemed to deteriorate.
This was confirmed in reception by the water stained roof tiles and general untidiness. Were shown to our room in the old building which was pretty grim, old-fashioned but clean enough.
We had booked half board and had decided to eat elsewhere for dinner but nothing else was open so we decided to take our chances.
Dinner turned out to be much more promising than expected and this continued into the evening with drinking and entertainment. The staff were nice and so was the atmosphere.
It's a quirky sort of hotel and unusually for me despite the obvious problems it has I would return.

• Stayed: November 2010
6  Thank Paperboy911
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrochar
Arrochar Hotel
The Village Inn
The Village Inn
#5 of 16 in Arrochar
Benarthurs Bothy Luxury Flat

Been to The Cobbler Hotel? Share your experiences!