“Three visits and delighted”
Review of Arrochar Hotel

Arrochar Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Arrochar
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Three visits and delighted”
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I have repeatedly stayed at this hotel on route to the Isle of Mull for an overnight stop. Always I have found the accomodation to be excellent the price very modest and the food excellent. I would thouroughly recommend this hotel. it coomands a fine view of the lake and i have been luky to have a room overlooking the lake. being a single traveller I usually find in most hotels the service secobd clas but not at the Arrochar.
Full marks for excellent value!!

Room Tip: Get a view of the lake at the front.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
9 Thank Max F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2011

From opening the door you were greated with a musty smell. The carpets were torn, the room was awful. The evening meal was pretty average, but I wasnt inpressed with the forzen veg that went with it. Most uncomfortable bed. The t.v could barely be heard at full volume. Decided to go for a bath in the morning to ease my back as it was sore from the bed. Ran the hot tap then had to use the kettle to fill up with cold water as the cold water tap didnt work! Breakfast was at 8.00 we had departed at 8.30 a.m. The staff were nice enough but the girl who served the evening meal could do with some people skills.

Room Tip: Ask for a see view - we did have that!!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Audrey S
OHIML, General Manager at Arrochar Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
The Arrochar Hotel is closed for the winter and we will be refreshing and upgrading a number of our bedrooms over this period. This will include replacing mattresses and worn carpets wherever possible.

Now that the issue of the cold water supply to your bathroom has been raised, we are able to correct this problem

I am disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us and than you for the positive remarks you made in your review

Travellers are raving about these Arrochar hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2011

The view of this hotel from the road approach looks great - it is the picture on the website. Inside, the hotel is old-fashioned in decor and the room we were in was small. It was very clean however, the bed was comfortable and the views over the loch outstanding. The evening meal was poor, the menu was stuck in the sixties and seemed to be mass catering for the bus trip passengers. The breakfast wasn't very good at all. It seemed to be of poor quality ingredients.
The pub in the next village south, 5 minutes walk down the road had great atmosphere and food. My advice is to stay here in comfort with amazing views over the loch, but eat elsewhere. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a loch view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EAber
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice. Once a number of years ago with my two German Shepherd dogs( now passed away) And most reicently this October 2011. I found this hotel very comfortable and the room we were in staying with my dog, was clean. The service provided by the Staff was very good and attentive. The food, Breakfast & Evening meals were superb and could not have been better.
When one pays such a reasonable inexpensive rate for two nights DBB, one expects a certain level of service. The Arrochar far exeeds this.
YES. the Hotel exterior and parts of the inside are in need of updating and a good paint job outside would make a lot of difference. But the staff here deserve credit as they put their heart into serving you.
The Savoy its not. But The Arrochar is a bloody good Scottish hotel, and you get a hell of a view, there are many hotels out there that don't give a damn. But Arrochar isn't one of them.
We have stayed at this hotel before and will so again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Loch Side have a stunning view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Barry D
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I have just returned from a weekend break to this hotel with my two sisters and two neices. My cousin had booked Castle Lachlan for his 50th birthday and had travelled from Australia with my Aunt from New Zealand and about 40 friends. We stayed in the Arrochar for two nights and I must say it was great.
As others have said the accomodation is now a bit tired and in need of a major overhaul in the decor depafrtment. The window in my room was broken and there was a big water stain on the wallpaper. Carpets were not the cleanest but the food was excellent as were the staff.
I would definately stay at this hotel again. The location is beautiful and the entertainment great.
Although I would not give it a five star rating it is simply because of the decor.

Room Tip: Definately book a room with a Loch view. You can't beat drinking a coffee or tea overlooking th...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Hyde, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I have just spent 2 nights at the Arrochar hotel with my two sisters, (this trip was just a girlie getaway for one of my sisters who has recently lost her husband.)
I had read the previous comments on this hotel, but as always I reserve judgement until I have been myself. Yes the hotel is a little tired, and the room that I had been allocated had not been cleaned. I went to reception to inform them of this, we had also requested rooms as near to each other as possible, so not only did they allocate me another room, they also moved my two sisters so we could all still be together.
We stayed on a 2 night Dinner bed and breakfast deal for £74.00 each, and I have to say it was the best £74.00 I have ever spent. Yes the rooms do need upgrading, but I didn't go to Scotland to spend all my time in my room!
The food was fabulous for both breakfast & evening meal. The only comment I can make about that is when you see the evening meal menu it doesnt always state what kind of potato is being served. My sister cannot eat mashed potato,( perhaps we should have mentioned this)She had ordered the salmon and when it came was on a huge bed of mashed potato, we expalined this to the head waiter (James, who was fab) and he immediatley took the meal away and offered her another choice of potato, this was no problem at all. The other hotel staff were all equally as friendly and helpful. The drinks were also a good price, (I usually expect to pay more in a hotel) There was also tea and coffee making facilities as well as a hairdryer, so you dont need to take these items with you. The room one of my sisters was allocated had fabulous views over the Loch, we also made a trip to Innverarry which was very nice, there is also a restaurant/tea room/shop called Loch Fynes's Oyster bar ( not that far from Arrochar, but need a car) that is well worth a visit. The hotel is due to be refurbished at the end of this season, so I would say if you are planning a trip to this part of Scotland in the New Year then please ignore all the negative comments that has been left for this hotel. I am also looking at booking this same hotel for a break with my husband early next year. We had a great time and would definitly stay here again. Please feel free to contact me should you need any other information.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the Loch
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank baywatchHyde
NC
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Hotel looked OK from the outside, but when you walk in the front lobby, first thing you notice is the stained and faded carpet, the stale smell in the air, the spots on furniture upholstery .
Our room was clean but here again, very dated with stains on threadbare carpet and wallpaper coming off the walls. The room was right above the entertainment area on ground floor which meant that we might as well have been right in the middle of the party going on beneath us.
One upbeat note though, the staff was super nice and helpful.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from lobby
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank voyageur67NC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arrochar
Loch Long Hotel
Bay Tarbet Hotel
#1 of 1 in Tarbet
Knockderry House Hotel
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel

Been to Arrochar Hotel? Share your experiences!