Arrochar Hotel
Loch Long Hotel(Arrochar)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$91
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
US$98
  • Restaurant
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel(Luss)(Great Value!)
US$197
Orbitz.com
Ardgartan Hotel(Arrochar)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Agoda.com
1,295 results
All reviewseasy breaksa la carte menuloch viewcobblercourse mealdinner bed and breakfastnight breakplenty of hot waterexcellent value for moneygreat weekendstunning viewsa lovely stayshort breakfood was lovelyhaggisentertainmentsupplement
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Just spent a night in this hotel,staff were excellent,rooms were clean with complimentary condiments,breakfast and lunch at bar was excellent and fantastic musician was entertaining in the lounge.this hotel should never be 2 star,I am we'll travelled and would put this at 3 star minimum.i hope it achieves the stars it rightly merits.just hope they don't inflate the prices for the less well off such as myself when it inevitably happens.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Late review but thought this hotel deserved one. We arrived on Friday 1stNovember and had two nights here, dbb for a paltry £52 each! I thought with what we had paid it would've been okay at best but having stayed at various hotels throughout Scotland which claim to be 3 and 4 stars, this hotel can rub shoulders with any of them. room could perhaps be described as old fashioned but it was spotless, I mean clean clean, a shout out to the cleaners for that. We were in room 125 which provided a lovely view of the loch, that was just about worth the £52 itself! The weather was torrential rain throughout our stay but the bothy and village inn were close by, cracking places to hole up!

For the price, I thought the meals would be designed to fill a hole but they were absolutely superb. Service was faultless, the restaurant area stunning and it was clear the menu had been thoughtfully created by a talented team and chef, you put those hotels that claim to be a cut above to shame. Every course we had was so good, can't compliment the chef and his team enough, likewise with breakfast, no buffet, served to table, great standard of produce also.

Arrochar is a hidden gem, the nicest place l have been in Scotland( next to Lochgelly of course!)can't wait to try it in better weather!

All of the negative reviews bewilder me, unless you were stung price wise this is the best possible value for money you could get. People expect 5 star standards and are unrealistic, l would say this was easily 3 or 4 though.

Hats off to all staff, so well organised, like a well oiled machine.

Will def def def be back, have recommended about 20 times to others also!

Room Tip: Ask for a loch view room and book through a website called classic Britain!
1  Thank HappyFifers
Reviewed 23 November 2013

After booking this hotel , I read some of the Trip Advisor reviews and wondered what on earth I had done! I telephoned the hotel and asked if I could have a loch view room as they seemed to come out best in the reviews. The girl on the phone was very pleasant and took note of my request. On arrival we were allocated room 108 with our Loch view. I cannot comment about other rooms but our twin bedded room was spotless! I checked for all the horrible things that other people had put on here and was really satisfied with our room. Nice big bathroom with bath and shower over bath, maybe not suitable for anyone who has bother climbing into bath. Non slip bath mat was there if needed. Fresh towels daily. There was a large crack on the high ceiling but it did not cause us any probs. Heated towel rail too.
The bedroom had a side window and a front facing one. we had no double glazing as some rooms had but we didn't need it as the room was so cosy with 2 radiators. The whole hotel was roasting. Other guests were commenting too about how lovely and warm the place was. It was very cold and windy outdoors. The room had a good T.V. with all the freeview channels, it had a hairdryer, telephone, a good hospitality tray with a nice selection of biscuits, tea and coffee. We had a table and 2 chairs which was a nice touch instead of sitting on the bed for our nightcap!
The dining room was lovely with nice views. Breakfast was self service for cereals, fresh fruit and juices. Orders for porridge were taken at table. I chose poached egg on toast and I must admit the toast was horrible. Not crisp or even hard! very,very soft. My husband had the full breakfasts and had no complaints. The coffee could have been warmer but the very pleasant waiting staff were great at bringing a pot of freshly boiled water and more toast when asked. Just a pity we had to ask every morning. The evening meal was fantastic! A great choice on the menu. I don't eat meat away from home and I was over the moon with the other choices I had. Hubby had the meat dish every night and just loved it. I brought the menus home with me to show friends the great choice we had. Coffee was self service at the end of your meal and could be taken through to the lounge.
The entertainment every night was a bit amateurish. We stayed for 4 nights and the 1st night it was a few wee girls doing highland dancing to their own wee c.d. player. No one introduced them or helped sort out their c.d's. Next night was a "singer ?" who was accompanied by tapes. He was very amateurish, bingo if you like that on Wednesday, and another singer on the Thursday. He wasn't bad but had no patter for the guests. It was just sing a song, clap, now another. The staff in the hotel really try so hard to help and make your stay good. Mark and Daniel did the bingo, Mark worked in the dining room where he bent over backwards to please everyone. Daniel worked on reception and is so pleasant. He also worked in the bar one night while the usual bar maid was helping to serve bar meals and the whisky ran out. He explained that he couldn't go and get another bottle, only the bar maid who wasn't around at that point was allowed to do that. He did offer us a Glenfiddich, but I had to point out that it was a different type of drink altogether and also, a very different price, so we did without the whisky. The Hotel's loss, not ours as we had our own with us. As soon as the girl came back on she replaced the empty bottle. Too late for us.
All in all it was a very pleasant 4 days, great food, good company and great staff. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Room 108. Double aspect and warm.
1  Thank jintykay
Reviewed 18 November 2013

An overnight stay, arriving late in evening.
Lovely position, warm welcome and rooms next to each other.
Good rooms, curtains needed clipping back on though.
Breakfast staff obliging and breakfast fine.

Would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Loch.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann L
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We arrived at the "dog friendly" hotel and met a lovely guy on reception (with a ponytail) who checked us in. A room had been assigned to us although when he saw the dog (which had been mentioned at the time of booking) said that the room is pretty small and did we want to change. We said we were sure it would be fine as we just wanted a bed and bath. I did ensure it had a view of the loch as suggested in previous reviews.
On entering the room, we noticed damp patches on the walls above the door and windows, these had obviously been there a while - shame it hasn't been acknowledged by management and cleaned/painted. The windows had a thick layer of mould on the frames and plenty of condensation was compounding this. The mattress was old and has had it's day, but we did manage to sleep. The bathroom had mould around the seal of the bath and the seal was hanging off, exposing more mould. Shame as its quite a nice bathroom apart from this.
Back in the bedroom, we noticed coffee stains up the wall next to the bedside cabinet - please housekeeping, sort it out, this should not be happening.
Next morning we had a fairly small breakfast, although not delicious it was adequate. On the second night we chose not to take part in the entertainment (bingo) as we had completed a huge walk and were knackered and really didn't want to sit in the brightly lit foyer/bar with coach loads of seniors.
Breakfast next morning was partially burnt and NOT what we ordered with the background noise of hammering in the bar next door from workmen.
Altogether a pretty unpleasant stay although the young guy on reception was lovely and the hotel location was perfect for our requirements (walking in the Arrochar Alps).
We won't be back.

Room Tip: Get a loch view when booking your room
3  Thank Cariad_bird