1,307 results
All reviews stuffed animals rob roy haunted room stuffed bear live music great atmosphere lodge rooms haggis great night loch lomond steak pie bite to eat pub food roaring fire saturday night an overnight stay well worth a visit
Reviewed 15 January 2018

We've been here twice while making our way up to Oban once and once on our way to Fort William. The place is right next to the main road. From the parking you have a view of a water fall.
Inside, there a lot of stuffed animals ready to scare you the minute you walk-in.(Pun intended) .
Food menu has variety. Also, good options for vegetarians.
Overall a good place to eat and relax when you're in the park.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
UniqueDroversInn, Public Relations Manager at The Drovers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Thanks so much for such a great review! I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit to the Drovers. Please come back and visit us again,

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Popped in for coffee whilst out exploring - discovered this wee gem!
Pulled over to take pix off the waterfall cascading down the hills high above.
Very cool place indeed, the rustic building dates back to 1705 & main bar area is like Game of Thrones set. Huge sword above fireplace, a stuffed bear that greets you, great staff with good banter.
You kinda expect The Hound to be sitting in the corner having a beer. Will be back as menu looks ace!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Unprofessional bar staff. Food was low quality, microwaved meals came out minutes after ordering. Very touristy, not authentic at all. I regret wasting my money here, next time I'm passing will go to Ardlui hotel instead.

1  Thank James M
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Visited while staying in Loch Lomond and have to say this place was rammed.

Very good the play they have on the history and the place itself is very very quirky.

The food and service was great and I really want to return and stay in room 6 to see if the hauntings are real.

1  Thank Darren L
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped for a family dinner "treat" after a lovely day out at Glen Coe.

No host and we were not greeted at the door or shown to a table. Dogs all over bar area so we quickly left to try and find another table as my mother is severely allergic.

Dinner served in multiple rooms, we finally found a table in a room near the front desk. Cramped for space and very cold.

"Order yourself at the bar". The bar was very busy and my parents tired, took a while to try to get through to order and carry own drinks back to table.

Food came for my family and it was very unsatisfactory.

Schnitzel wasn't butterflied or pounded. That is not a chicken schnitzel.
Macaroni was boiled pasta with grilled cheese on top. No sauce through the macaroni, it tasted horrible. Served lukewarm.
Scampi was very small and not very nice.

None of the food was cheap. Pub franchise Wetherspoons literally do a better job at half the price.

We left cold and hungry.

There was no check back on the food.

We weren't thanked as we left.

Put a real dampener on our otherwise lovely day out.

My parents rarely eat out due to past experiences such as this and it was very disappointing that this was yet another negative experience.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
UniqueDroversInn, Public Relations Manager at The Drovers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Thank you for your review.
I am sorry your experience did not live up to expectations. We take our customers feedback very seriously and our staff do always aim to provide excellent service to compliment an overall experience. I am sorry that you feel this was not the case during your visit. We offer quite a laid back approach to dining - we dont offer hosts or table ordering service. We have just range of customers who come in for just a drink, a wander or some food.
Sincere apologies that you found the food standard to be poor - I will pass your comments onto to our staff so we can improve for the future.