“Best option in Balloch”

and 1 more site!
Valhalla Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 24 Balloch B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2014

What a find! This B&B is run by a lovely friendly couple - warm, friendly and accommodating in every sense. The bedroom and en-suite bathroom were spotlessly clean and tidy, the beds comfy and warm, dark and quiet. Breakfast was delicious, and they accommodated my vegginess too. Bonus points for choc chip shortbread and nice tea in the room, and a good hairdryer! And they can suggest short local walks and places you can reach by car or local transport. They have time for everyone.

This place is just up the side street by the station, so I think some people trawling the main road for a place to stay might miss it (we almost did!). Don't be put off by closeness the station - it's the end of the line so there's nothing clattering past. The rooms are so quiet - I imagine more so than other places because it's just off on the main road and not too close to any of the local pubs and bars. And if you're arriving by train from Glasgow it's no distance at all with your bags. Book here, it's the best!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Valhalla Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Our room was very clean and well decorated. Tea and coffee tray with some cookies were waiting for us on arrival. The bed was very comfy and the room was plenty dark. Despite being across the street from the train station (which was great), it was very quiet! It was also a quick and easy walk in to town and get buses/ferry tours.

Breakfast in the morning was great, plenty of food and very welcoming of alternative diets (plenty of juice and cereal along with traditional Scottish breakfasts). Would definitely recommend to others.

They were also willing to let us leave our bags on the day of check-out while we went on a hike and waited for our train at 14:40.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We have been touring Scotland for the last five years on a motor bike and our first stop is always at Valhalla we would highly recommend it. Excellent rooms and breakfast. very friendly .safe off road parking for the bike.10 out of 10 every time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We managed to get a room at the Valhalla as part of my LEJOG Ride and can highly recommend it, Nice pleasant greeting when I arrived after a long hot day in the saddle. Really can't say a bad word about this B&B 10 out of 10 on every front and will certainly be going back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was delighted. I only stayed for 1 night, they were so lovely and kind and friendly. I would not hesitate to come back. Excellent breakfast, great location opposite the railway station, and they even did my laundry for me, I don't know what to say, other than the place is faultless and you should definitely stay there!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Just stayed at this lovely bed and breakfast for one night.rooms are well decorated good size and emaculately clean.breakfast was very tasty and just the right amount plenty cereal fresh fruit juice and of course any persons staple when they are staying away a lovely cooked breakfast.as for the hosts they were both so pleasant and couldn't be more helpfull when I asked about the local places to eat and drink.when I go away anywhere I like to find somewhere that if I ever went back to stay in the area I could just pick up the phone and book knowing that my stay is going to be a good one.with Valhalla bed and breakfast I have.thankyou for a lovely relaxing stay.

Mark

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank pics301
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We've just come back from a really pleasant stay at the Valhalla B&B. The place is extremely clean. Becky and Graeme are very welcoming and happy to help with whatever they can. We rented two rooms as we were travelling with our two daughters and even though one of them is under six she was made to feel so comfortable, that she immediately felt at home.

They have paid attention to so much detail, which always makes a difference. There were a box of DVDs, which we relished going through for a late evening at home. The clean tea sets with the lovely Scottish biscuits were also a good treat. There was a bottle of squash for my little girl in the room. The breakfast is something to look forward to. We had porridge, hot breakfast and my little one was very pleased with the good range of cereals.

It is so convenient if you are traveling by train. We got out of the train station and the B&B was right in front of us. It did make us laugh, as we didn't expect it to be soooo convenient. Having said that, it is also amazingly quiet.

Balloch itself is a lovely place but having such good hosts makes all the difference in the overall experience. I'm really grateful to both Becky and Graeme for making it such a pleasant and memorable experience for all the family. I fully recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balloch
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
#13 of 24 in Balloch
Glenfern Guest House
Glenfern Guest House
#9 of 24 in Balloch

Been to Valhalla Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!