“Do not eat here if you have children”

The Stables Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Balloch
Cuisines: Bar, British, Scottish
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Balloch
“Do not eat here if you have children”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Took my mother-in-law out for her lunch with my little boy and I was spoke to like a child by the female member of staff "Nora" who said "I am getting you a highchair I am not tollerating your child running around". There was a funeral on in the function room but we were never told this on arriving but in any event we were quite a bit away from the function room and my little one was not running he was just being Inquisitive.

We left and went elsewhere

Visited April 2014
5 Thank alzy34

Leven, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

Our B & B hosts recommended this restaurant. From entering, the staff could not have been friendlier. Excellent service. The food was very good and the menu varied and not overly priced. We would visit again when in the area.

Ulverston, United Kingdom
“An OK meal”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We had a family meal here in February and, whilst the menu will never trouble the cutting edge of modern Scottish cuisine, it was all wholesome, tasty food - an OK meal.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jon W
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Meal with friends on day out”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Went to the stables on the recommendation of our friends we were with for a day out at Loch Lomond. I have to say the place is well presented and has a good atmosphere. Our food was very good, a little over priced, but considering they are in a main tourist route not surprising. I had the lentil soup which was nice a warming. Then I had the salmon, well what a surprise it was delicious, it was cooked perfectly..no bones no skin and just melted in your mouth. My husband had the steak pie, now being a bit of a steak pie expect he rated this one a 8 out of 10. Well done the stables for a lovely meal and an enjoyable visit.

Visited March 2014
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
“Very nice chilled meal :)”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Went to the stables as couldn't get in to the place we wanted to go to but glad other place was busy or wouldn't of found this place.

We got there and got seated in a little booth and ordered drinks the drinks too a bit of time so we asked again and got them on the house which I thought was good service :)

Had a lovely meal and a yummy desert, would go back to this place in a heartbeat well worth the stop x

• Visited February 2014