“Great Food and Service”

The Stables Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Balloch
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Hoylake, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Was quiet when we arrived but the food was fantastic and all home made, the menu was impressive as there was a lot to choose from. The service was good and all of the staff were very friendly and happy to help with any questions or requests.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank ToughToPleaseReviews

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food and brilliant service.”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We came here after a recommendation by the owner of the B&B we stayed at. Sunnyside B&B gives you 5% off your bill at The Stables.

We were greeted by our server who took our booking over the phone and had a choice of seats anywhere in the restaurant. The starters were to die for, garlic mushrooms for me and the wife had the Culen Skink (easily the best soup I have ever tried) High praise!

The mains were home made steak and ale pie with mash and the steak sizzler. If you do decide to go for the steak sizzler I suggest getting it blue as it will cook through on the hot plate anyway. I asked for a medium steak but by the time I was able to eat it, it was really well done. My only gripe really is that we should have been told this.

The mains were delicious as was the sticky toffee pudding, but the snowball cheesecake was pretty tasteless so we didn't manage to finish it.

Over all it was a great three course meal at a reasonable price, (£54 for two three course meals is pretty okay in my books). I thoroughly recommend a visit if you're in Balloch.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Gregory B
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Always a nice meal”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Have returned several times and always enjoy the food. Service is good. Reasonably priced. Family friendly.

1 Thank mamma-lisa71
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Return Visit to The Stables”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

As we enjoyed our first visit to The Stables, we returned with all the family, of 7adults and 4 children, (all children aged under 5).
Staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful, to adults and children alike, food and service was as previously experienced excellent, and extremely good value for money. We will definitely return to The stables and have no hesitation in recommending it.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Margaret J
“Lovely food and service”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Visited here with my mum and 2 boys. I ordered the seafood platter which was beautiful although it was more of a starter. My mum had chicken with haggis and polished off her meal. The food was fresh and lovely. It did take a while for it to come out which was unusual as we were the only people in the restaurant. Overall a good experience.