Tullie Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Balloch Hotel(Balloch)
  • Beachfront
All reviewstunnocks tea cakesloch lomondan evening mealrailway stationhaggisnice decorbooked a tablelovely foodgreat mealcouldn't do enoughscampithe pubstayed for one nightovernight staylovely placegreat value for moneyconservatory
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I dined here tonight as a table of 6. Overall we had an average experience. I shall start with the positives - It looks very nice inside and has a good atmosphere! I especially love the furnishings. The menu is good and has a wide variety of different foods that would suit a range of eaters. It is very well priced. However, my soup did not taste homemade and it seemed to have very thin bread therefore I had half of it. I then had the feta salad but there was no chargrilled vegetables in it? I ordered coleslaw with it but couldn't eat it much either as there was a random green leaf that wasn't meant to be there which put me off. I think that the service needs to improve as it was quite slow. The staff were mainly friendly but one girl in particular was a bit abrupt/ rude which made us a little uncomfortable. Other negatives were that the toilets were dirty and the glass in the restaurant was marked all over. I understand it is difficult to clean but it did look very dirty with lots of hand prints. Perhaps I will return in the future to find a different experience. I hope that you can take on board my review in order to improve.

• Stayed: August 2013
TullieInn, General Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and yes we will definitely be taking your comments on board. All feedback at this early stage can only help us improve. I would also like to apologise for your bad experience as we aim to give customers as good an experience as possible and we let you down on this occasion. I do hope that you will revisit us in the future

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Went with family for an evening meal. Nice new extension, but had to ask for the music to be turned off at the speaker above the table as we couldn't hear each other speaking!

Food was very variable. Burgers were burnt to a crisp as were some of the chips, but carrots were almost raw.

Service was dreadful. We had some of the plates cleared and were asked if we wanted to see a dessert menu, but then had to get up to find the waitress as she's forgotten about us! It seems like the staff simply serve whoever they want to, as the table next to ours was over-run with them!

Also had to get up to ask for the bill as all the staff were stood around talking to each other and we couldn't get their attention.

Won't be going back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

I am so sorry for your poor experience at The Tullie Inn. We have invested a lot in staff training and I am afraid that on this occasion we failed. I would like to assure you that your comments will be fed back to the team in order for us to improve. Again, I sincerely apologise and hope that you might visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I had some nice food in here recently and the drinks are served to a high standard. It's a really beautiful modern restaurant in a lovely setting. My only dislike was the staff were a little grumpy. I believe accommodation is meant to be very nice. I may give it a try when next in the area

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ADBury
TullieInn, General Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Good Afternoon....thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I am really glad that you enjoyed the food and the refurbishment but I am so disappointed that we let you down on service. Please be assured that this will be followed up on and I really hope to see you back at The Tullie Inn in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Went with friends about two weeks ago.....had to wait about 10mins to get served at the bar, and wouldn't say the bar was busy, a few other people commented the same, bar staff just planely unattentive, had to ask one of them , how do we manage to get a drink, got the order wrong, when asked for a particular beer, said, it's off and stood looking blank, wouldn't even ask if I would like something else, top off bar was soaking wet with spilt drink, and no attempt to clean it, certainly somewhere I wouldn't return, there's plenty places in Balloch where you get a better welcome, service and prices, and like your barman said....we're off elsewhere.

Room Tip: Better places in the area
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank osram49
TullieInn, Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry your visit to the Tullie Inn was disappointing. We all work very hard to maintain a high level of customer service and I am sorry that in this case this did not happen. We hope that you trust in us that this is the case and return to give us the another chance when next in Balloch.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

arrived to be told after waiting sometime to be attended to that our room was not ready. Had to ask to put our cases in our room. They told us room would be sometime before it would be ready cleaners were busy .Left cases and went for lunch not in tullie elsewere which was lovely. .ON returning to our room even the teacakes had melted and the room was to warm to sit in my wife went downstais to ask if we could have a fan and was told there was none. We got change and went back out as room was to hot to stay in no one came to ask if we were ok so we stayed away from h on looking after resturant interestedotel and spent our night elsewere. Room window had to remain open all night so got no sleep as it was so noisy outside got up early went down for breakfast had to wait ages as staff were busy no orange juice it had ran out staff seemed to be busy doing nothing .We have been to this hotel many times in the past but will not return has lost its personnel touch

Room Tip: get room away from direct sun
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
TullieInn, General Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you stay was disappointing. We do have a check in time of 2pm and we do our very best if guests arrive before check in time to get the room ready as quick as possible. We will look at purchasing fans for the rooms, that was a fault on our part as we didn't foresee the weather being so good. We will also look at our breakfast service and improve.

Kind Regards