“Better options in Balloch”
Review of Tullie Inn

Tullie Inn
Ranked #16 of 24 Balloch B&B and Inns
“Better options in Balloch”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

As a local in Balloch I eat frequently in the Tullie Inn and the Balloch Hotel 100m away on the other side of the river. Despite the "Red Lobster" -clone redecoration the Tullie's ambience, food and service remain inferior to the Balloch Hotel with small portions, indifferent service and overpriced food (especially at the weekends) now the order of the day.

£50 for a couple of glasses of wine, some bread for starters, and a couple of tiny mains doesn't cut it for me any longer. The other restaurants in Balloch aren't first rate either (the Balloch Hotel has a lot to learn about customer service too) but I'm afraid the Tullie is the bottom of the heap.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
TullieInn, General Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I am very sorry that you feel this way. We do our best to cater for every budget and look at what our competitors offer. Again I am very sorry that you did not feel your visit was value for money.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Visited here whilst on holiday, very disappointed, initially looked a very nice restaurant however staff were less than welcoming, and whilst not rude, they were not very friendly either- food was average, vanilla cheesecake for dessert was tasteless. Floor in eating area was very dirty and needed a good clean. Unfortunately would neither recommend or be back.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Lyndsforsytj
TullieInn, General Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
I am really sorry to read you review. I will be investigating this further as this is not acceptable. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Booked the Tullie for a couple of nights. Had previously been in for a few drinks so based on the downstairs vibe we thought it would be a good place to stay.
If I were reviewing the staff it would be a straight 5/5 no probs....cheery friendly welcome fantastic service. Dinner distinctly average. Bar was understaffed, piles of empty glasses service slow (but exceptionally friendly).
Room was big and bright, bed and pillows ok (just) shower a trickle and if you are tall forget it.
Breakfast finishes at 10, personally for a weekend I think its a little early...but worth getting up for!
Would I stay again? Yes, but not at 85 quid a night...

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TullieInn, General Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for your review. We will take on board your comments and I hope you will return in the future. We offer great last minute accommodation offers on Facebook and online.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Ate here today with a voucher was absolutely pleased in what was on offer I recommend the pulled pork I see people have put bad reviews about the service I cannot complain at all the service was good and I did enjoy the food I must mention we did go in the afternoon which is quieter would go back again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TullieInn, General Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for a fantastic review. We are all delighted with your positive feedback and look forward to you returning very soon.

Paisley, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Literally the worst service i have ever received at any restaurant, was physically tempted to tell people not to bother on their way in.
We waited over an hour for the main course, which was terrible, we ordered baguettes, and there was pretty much no filling in them at all, also all cold, i have no idea how it can take an hour to produce this ???!!!
We waited 30 min for the starter, dirty plate sat with us until main course, sat with empty drinks glasses the entire time, no offer of more drinks.
Was very tempted to get up and leave after starter as the wait was beyond a joke.
It seems from these reviews that the manager is not addressing any of the problems they have.
I can not stress enough "Don't waste your time or money".
Even the menu itself is uninspiring as pub restaurant type menu's go.
Gorgeous interior but falls down everywhere else, it was not that busy in that there were empty tables, but clearly there is a lack of leadership, service, training and productive service process.

Honest review , in this case believe the bad reviews!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
I am very sorry for the wait you had for your food this is not acceptable and this should of been communicated to you at the time. We were very busy over the Easter weekend as expected but were caught out. I do hope that you will change your mind and give us another chance.

Kind Regards

Travellers are raving about these Balloch hotels

Reviewed 20 April 2014

If I had looked at this web site before going up to Loch Lomond, I would not go near this place with a barge pole. If you have the time you will see all the reviews are the same. Bad service, well actually they do not care and there is nobody in charge to make sure that the customer comes first. On the day we went, if it had not been for the waitress called Sarah Jane I would have walked out. The person who I presume is restaurant manager would be first person I would sack, followed closely by the rest of them. I have worked the hotel trade for many years and the bottom line comes down to bad management. I could even have walked out with out paying, I wish I had, because if the company wanted the money, which is Maclays Inns, they would have had to sing for it. Mrs J Stewart 4/3 15 Castlebank place, Glasgow G11 6BJ. phone number 01413577347. I will be very surprised if anyone has the back-bone from the company to contact me. I cannot even phone or write to them as there web-site has no details to be able to contact them.

Room Tip: book another place
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
I am very sorry that you had a bad experience. I will be in touch with you to discuss this further.

Coatbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We popped into this hotel for lunch on good Friday. There was only a few tables taken so we got seated straight away, gave our order and received our drinks. All was going well. The decor is beautiful also. Now, we have booked to stay at this hotel after a wedding in May so really we were just trying out the food before we stay. So, still sitting at the table. sitting. sitting. sitting. More people come in and are sitting. Im noticing lots of angry faces. Our food finally arrived over an hour after we gave our order!!! How is that possible???? It wasnt even that busy. The staff actually got to the point that they were turning people away and yet there were plenty of tables available. I dont know what was going on in the kitchen but they really need to sort it out! I also had to ask 3 times for our second round of drinks while the staff stood about chatting. Really terrible service. Hope they get better before we are back in May. Didnt even get a discount on the bill!!!

1 Thank SNOWF1975
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry for the wait on Friday, there is no excuse for this and I will be investigating this with the kitchen as there seems to of been a lack of communication. We are looking forward to you returning in May.

Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balloch
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Palombo's of Balloch
Palombo's of Balloch
#14 of 24 in Balloch
Valhalla Bed & Breakfast

Been to Tullie Inn? Share your experiences!