“Would stay again”
Review of Tullie Inn

Tullie Inn
Ranked #9 of 24 Balloch B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The outside of this place is most appealing as is the inside. After the horrendous stay next door in Lomand Park. Nice staff. But must say the rooms could be with updating. Nowhere to put your soap etc when in the shower cubicle. (why don't they check out things like this and perhaps have a trial run themselves. I can never understand that). But all in all would stay there again. Ouch!! my bed wasn't comfortable tho, but that could just be me.
Oh and they don't seem to like you to have vinegar with your chips (for some unknown reason) as everybody has to ask for it....weird huh ?
Food ok tho.

Room Tip: I'd have to stay in them all to be able to give an honest review. We stayed in room 2, ok-ish...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
TullieInn, General Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We will definitely take on board your comments regarding the soap,this is something that we have overlooked and will be rectified asap. I agree vinegar should be offered when having chips and I will make sure all the team automatically offer this. I do hope that this will not put you off staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed again after my visit last year for another family wedding.
As before the service was excellent and Maclays have to be commended for their staff who are excellent.
I was in a single room but family members had a double and a twin.
Breakfast was excellent and the front conservatory is an excellent place to people watch.
One small criticism is the rooms are getting tired and need a bit of TLC.
That said I would stay again...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
TullieInn, General Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

We are delighted that you came back to the Tullie and enjoyed your stay. We will take on board your comments regarding the room. We are continuously updating and decorating the rooms to keep a high standard. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed in the Tullie Inn as part of 5 strong Motorycle touring group in May 2014. Check in was a quick affair and the staff were friendly and welcoming. The rooms while basic are clean and tidy, with tea and coffee making facilities in each room. The breakfast is very good and while there I had the Scottish breakfast (with Haggis and sqaure Sausage) not keen on the sausage but loved the haggis one morning and scrambled egg on toast the following morning. There is also a good choice of cereals and fruit juices. For evening meal I had the Gourmet Burger one night and the Chorizio Linguine on the second night, both of which were very good. There is off road parking which was always a bonus, but I can imagine getting pretty full on the weekend (we stayed Mon/Tue). The Tullie Inn was an ideal base for us to explore the glorious Scottish countryside and fabulous biking roads on offer. I would recommend this place for a short stay visit. BZ

1  Thank Shipwreck1983
TullieInn, General Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for an amazing review. We are delighted that you chose to stay at the Tullie whilst touring and looking forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Everything was lovely, great location. Staff were terrible. Service was terrible. What a shame, the food was lovely but staff are hopeless. Waited over an hour for dinner, and asked for toast twice at breakfast, still waiting.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that the service was terrible. Could you please contact me directly to discuss this further? Telephone 01389 752052 or email me at tullieinn@maclay.co.uk.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here a Thursday & Friday. Check in is a book which lies at the end of the bar!! First impressions were very positive the bar, lounge & restaurant areas are very well appointed decorated in a modern style the rooms upstairs however are in need of redecorating & upgrading. On the Thursday night we didn't get to sleep until after 2am because of road works going on directly outside our room window. In the morning we asked about the road works & we're told they had been ongoing for 10 days, a fact that we weren't told about when we booked or checked in, we asked to be moved to another room which the manager arranged for us. There is a band that plays live music in the lounge from 8pm - 1am each Friday night they are loud, very loud. The lounge is over run with locals meaning we had to eat & drink at another hotel because there was no space at ours!! We could hear the band playing from our room so by the time the gig finished and everyone left it was well after 1am. If your looking for a quiet getaway DO NOT go to the Tullie Inn!! The cooked Scottish breakfast was excellent & is highly recommended, the staff are extremely friendly & couldn't do enough for you.

1  Thank Daniel G
TullieInn, General Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Than you for taking the time to review us. Network Rail did contact us about the maintenance work but they advised us that there would be minimal noise. My sincere apologies as you should of been offered a table on check in as this is unacceptable. I do hope you will give us another chance and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Booked the Tullie last year with Bookings.com for a wedding in May 2014. The room I had was more than adequate and comfortable which was reflected in the price. There was a good choice at breakfast and the staff proved friendly and helpful. With regard to location, you could not wish for a better situation. The railway station which has a direct train into Glasgow Central is literally next door, the ferry station and tourist information a few steps across the road. The decor in the main bar and restaurant has a modern twist blended with shabby chic which I personally liked. Would I stay in the Tullie again? Yes, I most certainly would. If you want a location which is central to all the restaurants and amenities within Balloch, you wouldn't go far wrong with booking the Tullie.

Room Tip: I stayed in a single room at the front, which could possibly prove noisy at peak periods. In saying...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
TullieInn, General Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for an amazing review. We are all delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you returning.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst walking part of the John Muir way - what can I say. A last minute deal as campsite at Luss was waterlogged so managed to negotiate a great deal on the family room. The room was excellent; clean with plenty of space and the separate bath and shower great for soaking tired legs! We ate in the hotel both nights as well as having breakfasts too and we had no complaints. The restaurant was very busy both nights and the staff kept on their toes but the service was good and again no complaints. Our stay was midweek though so we cannot comment on the noise. All in all we would have no hesitation in staying here again and thanks for a nice unexpected stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
TullieInn, General Manager at Tullie Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

We are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Our Team work very hard at all times and appreciate your positive feedback.

Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Balloch
Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Queen of the Loch
Queen of the Loch
#1 of 24 in Balloch
Innkeeper's Lodge Loch Lomond

Been to Tullie Inn? Share your experiences!