“Great location but the staff at the speedboats need to learn their manners.”
Review of Loch Lomond Shores

Loch Lomond Shores
Ranked #4 of 19 things to do in Balloch
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Loch Lomond Shores is a stunning visitor destination set on the southern tip of Loch Lomond. With views up the Loch to Ben Lomond, the scenery is amazing. Come for the day and visit our lovely shops, our great Aquarium, Bird of Prey Centre, Aerial Adventure Course, Adventure Golf and have lunch or refreshments in one of our eateries, or simply let the kids enjoy our playpark whilst you sit back and relax. If you want to get even more active then you can hire bikes, boats, canoes, Segways, quadricycles or just sit back on a loch cruise or waterbus and let someone else do the hard work.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great location but the staff at the speedboats need to learn their manners.”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I've been to the shores many times and always enjoy my time there this time however left a bitter taste in my mouth. Although the shops etc are lovely as usual my girlfriend and I decided to try the hire speedboat. We were greeted by a surly female staff member who had been quite abrupt with several other members of te public. We ignored this as she had initially seemed pleasant enough to us when taking our booking (not friendly or anything but hardly abusive) we then received our brief safety talk and were told to maintain a 'safe speed whilst in the bay' after our hour on the water - which was great we were met by our surly staff member who made sarcastic remarks regaling our limited knowledge at docking and handling the ropes. After this were subjected to a 5 minute lecture regarding our speed coming back into bay. I immediately explained I had felt it was very controlled (a medium to slow speed as advised) and apologised to which I was told "it's no' me you need tae apologise tae, you were too fast" I explained that as the boats are not fitted with any kind of speedometer then of we were infact 'speeding' it was purely accidental. Again a lecture followed with her walking away making V sign gestures to a colleague regarding us. As we were leaving I was left with the threat of " you'll probably be contacted by a ranger regarding your speed" all in all a great experience but I would use another company.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Victoria, BC
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“An easy drive out of Glasgow”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Just a short hop, skip and jump from Glasgow Loch Lomond is a great destination to get a feel for rural Scotland. Relatives were kind enough to drive us around the loch and it is a spectacular site. I was so happy to see so much more of Scotland than just the cities. I had my first sighting of Ben Lomond and and the Scottish Highlands. It was thrilling. Next time round I have to take a tour on the loch. Now I know that is available I would not plan a trip without allowing the time for the boat cruise.

Visited May 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Loch Lomond Shores”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Spent a nice day here when camping in the area recently. Pleasant experience. Enjoyed sitting on the shores soaking up some rare sunshine and walking round the shops.
Paid a visit to the aquarium which we also enjoyed. Good day out

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Darren M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Disgraceful and upsetting experience”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

As a recent visitor with my family to Loch Lomond Shores I visited Loch Lomond News, Ben Lomand way, Balloch G83 8QL to buy icecream. After spending what I considered to be quite a lot for what I was given, I questioned the young chap serving as to wheter he had actually given me small child icecream instead of the regular I had ordered. I was shocked and disgusted at the manner in which he spoke to me as a result, I listened in disbelief as he told me to " F**k off out of the shop" I could not believe a member of staff in a prestige area would use lanquage such as this to a customer, in an area, let alone one with a reputation to keep. I was even more shocked he done so infront of my 6 year old child and a shop full of customers, and other children. I was so upset by this I asked to speak with the manager who was also serving at the time and I explained what had happened. He asked what was said in the lead up to this to which I replied "absolutley nothing that justified that language" I said I wanted a refund as I was too upset by this and felt it was totally inappropiate. The manager refused and continued to serve customers ignoring me. When I aksed for details of who I could put this complaint in writing to he ignored me, when I asked if he felt this was appropiate behaviour for his staff towards customers, he said " I can see now why he said it to you" I then asked for where I could put my complaint in writing to again, as he was not prepared to deal with this situation, he then yelled at me " I am the "f*****g manager, now get to f**k out of the shop"
I think this is an absolute disgrace. This is no way acceptable behaviour and no member of the public should be subjected to this. How I worry about our tourists comming to visit and having people like this representing Scotland. It is nothing but a disgrace and I would urge anyone contemplating using this shop to think twice, these are not nice people and I for one am ashamed to be associated with them.

I have complained to Loch Lomond Shores and it has been ignored but I will take this further

EK
Glasgow

Visited June 2012
6 Thank elizabeth k
Whitehead
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“recent trip to Loch Lomond”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This is the first time we have visited Loch Lomond west, beautiful place with good shop and eating facilities, unfortunately we did not have time to go on a loch cruise, will do this next visit, highly recommended

Visited April 2012