Tullie Inn(Balloch)
Sunnyside B&B(Balloch)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscourse mealthrough grouponbar priceslive bandroom was basic but cleanbig portionswee hotelworth what we paidgreat wee nightan updatenoise levelshaving read the reviewsbreakfast waitressquiet nightfriendly localsportion sizehotels website
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Got db&b plus jug of cocktail for £69. More like a pub with rooms with a nice bar/restaurant on the side and a night club on the other side. Great location. Really enjoyed our meal in the evening and breakfast. Lots of seating outside too. Staff all nice friendly and chatty. The pub seemed a bit rough due to some heavy drinkers but we went down the street for a drink. There's lots to explore. Rooms were 2 star, dated but clean and comfortable. Hot shower, tea/coffee kettle, tv. Great place if you're on a budget. We went mid week. Recommend the park and Lomond shores.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susancameron2010
Reviewed 12 June 2018

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for one night while touring around Scotland with my wife. I accidentally booked the hotel one week in the future of when we arrived, and the gentleman at the front desk was kind enough to point me in the direction of several nearby hotels after calling a couple places to see if they were available, since we didn't have the hotel booked for that night. After not finding another place, we returned and asked if there was any chance that someone had not shown up for the night at their hotel. The front desk called the one person who had not yet arrived for the night and learned that they had actually intended to book for the next night and was able to squeeze us in for a night. I was greatly relieved and was very impressed that the they were so willing to help me. Even though this hotel may not be the classiest, the great kindness of the staff in this instance pushed me over the edge. This would have been a two and a half, maybe three out of five, but they definitely deserve better than that after going above and beyond for my wife and I.

The location is great, being a short walk from the train station and from the ferries that tour Loch Lomond, as well as a short walk from Balloch Castle Country Park, which is beautiful. There's no gym or any other complex amenities, but there is an English breakfast served that was of an average quality. The rooms were plain, but there was hot water and we had our own private bathroom. Compared to a lot of the hotels that we stayed at around Scotland, they are quite cheap. The place is a bit shabby, and there is a lot of noise at night, as it is above a night club, but I always travel with ear plugs, so this didn't really bother me.

Overall, I had a great experience staying here - a bit of a hidden gem, with great staff, a great location, and a great price point. Just be sure to bring earplugs for the loud music at night!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel. Didn’t ready the small print. It states Friday,sat night disco. However I did not realise our room was directly above the disco And was rudely awoken at 0100 hours. So do not book this hotel over the weekend with its enticing room rates. Plus the food is well below par. Not a pleasant experience.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Was on a Groupon deal, didn't even spend the night here, not the best of hotels. Ok if you are on a really, really tight budget but if not I'd give it a miss.
Hotel needs a total refurbishment.

Shame really as it's on the edge of one of Scotland most scenic areas.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed for an overnight- never ever again! I have never experienced anything as bad as this in all my life! We were told about the night club and entertainment upon arrival- however informed that our room was infact in the quiet end! Total lie! Room 14 what can I say- it had no toilet, the room was filthy, cobwebs covered the ceiling, it had a sink which was cracked and plug hole mouldy and covered in hair, the bed slid across the cheap laminate flooring, the brown/cream artex walls were filthy and peeling away, the windows clearly not double glazed and in need of a good scrub, the bed linen smelled like chlorine, the pillows were a joke paper thin and cheap, no hair dryer, the wardrobes dusty, remote control sticky and volume didn’t work on the 6 inch tele. The hallway smelt of sick.. green tartan carpets were sticky, hallway very narrow, our door was not secure and coming off the hinge. The shower you had to walk down the hall popped my head and decided no we will not be showering, the sharing toilet again disgusting, infact looked like someone had been sick in it so again didn’t use the toilet. The live band were right underneath us so the vibrations of the drum and guitars were bellowing up into our room. The nightclub well what can I say.. we were still lying awake at 4am listening to the shouts and scream of punters outside. This place is a disaster and they really have the cheek to be be charging people 60quid a night, I have never been so shocked and felt so disgusting after leaving a place. Never again. Keep your money and go somewhere decent.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple