“Have your dinner before you go.”
Review of Balloch House

Balloch House
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Balloch
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Great Country Pub which serves great food!
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Booked for family Birthday party meal. Waitress lovely very helpful done her job very well. Food arrived very disappointed portions sizes miserable and not what we expected. Very expensive food and drink. I would not recommend to any of my friends won't be back. Pub itself is nice enough to sit in. Good large parking area at the side should of known better when I seen no cars in it. Take money for a chippy on your way home.

1  Thank kirkton

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I visited on 2nd July 2014. Wednesday is pie night. We ordered drinks, which arrived after our main meals had been served, poor service as the order was a soda water and a diet coke, not a difficult order, and the place wasnt busy. We both ordered the chicken and pulled ham pies. One with chips the other with mash and peas. There was plenty of chicken and sauce under the puff pastry but no pulled ham! One small spoonful of mashed potatoes and small portion of chips. The peas were fresh but not hot. We had visited for pie night after a recommendation from another friend but left dissapointed. The food was not quite as described on the menu and portions were skimpy. This place was famed for their wonderful food and generous portions. Not any more I'm afraid. Don't think we will be back. There are plenty of other eateries in Balloch for us to try.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We quite often have Scallops as a starter and the norm is 3 Scallops but the Balloch house seems to think 1 chopped into small bits and left under a hot grill to vulcanize is acceptable. The main did it's best to climb to the dizzy heights of average but failed and sadly was outdone by some sweaty cheese. We wont be back.

3  Thank Gatehouse999
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We ordered the sunday roast and both of our meals were cold, dry and not fresh at all, it was barely edible. I went and got the menu myself after waiting for a long time. Even worse, the couple next to us arrived after us, got served, ate and left before we had our food. They also had roasts. When we complained, the manager had given us 20 per cent off our meal. Which is pathetic, he didn't even come over to say anything. It ruined our night out in Balloch. I would avoid this place.

1  Thank LauraWoodScot
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were staying just down the road but decided to pop in here for a drink. ended up having a meal as well, and it was lovely. Would defo go back there for food, bar staff were a bit slow though, but our waitress couldn't have been more attentive.