“Great food reasonable price”

Waterhouse Inn - Cafe and Lounge Bar
Ranked #9 of 25 Restaurants in Balloch
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We stop here every time we visit Balloch. Great menu with a varied choice. Staff are very friendly and has a relaxing atmosphere. Price is good for what you get the plates are full and it's good quality pub grub food.

There are newer reviews for Waterhouse Inn - Cafe and Lounge Bar

Reviewed 8 March 2013

We stopped here for a family lunch while passing through Balloch. Good location right on main road. Service was good and we were welcomed with a smile. The food was good pub grub, nothing exceptional but nothing wrong with it. I would recommend if you are looking for an honest filling meal in relaxed surroundings.

1  Thank Dreamer1967
Reviewed 10 January 2013

situated in the heart of balloch. no surprises on the menu and would be nice if there was a wee selection of cakes etc to have with a coffee rather than just the usual scone

Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

I stopped here on my way home from shopping, looked nice and cosy from the outside. Menu was a reasonable size with enough choice, I had orderd the lentil soup and lasagne and my children had orderd pate, carrot and corriander soup, lasagne and a pepper burger (which states 10 minuite cooking time) we had a soda water, an irn bru and a blackcurrent and water to drink.

The waiter took order and returned to say there was no lentil soup left so I took the carrot and corriander. Starters did not take long to arrive and were a good sized portion, however all the soup tasted of was stock and certainly had cream in which it did not state! Again never waited long for main course but then it was not busy, lasagne was nice and hot but again never tasted of much, burger was okay but not big enough to justify the cooking time (i was expectin a nice thick burger ) pepper sauce said creamy on the menu it was not, very runny and not enough and again not very tasty! Waiter never once returned to table to ask if everything was okay. We paid and left.

However at this stage I maybe would have come back again, my opinion changed on returning home and looking at the bill to realise they charged £1.90 for the soda water and irn bru and a staggering £2.90 for the blackcurrent and water!! I phoned the next morning to voice my opinion on the drink price, a woman called Jackie answered and said price were due to having to pay for the drink to be served, glass to be cleaned and water rates! I said that drink prices were not displayed anywhere and that they were very excessive, she was not at all plesant and hung the phone up!

I have never been charged so much for drinks and to pay the same for a blackcurrent and water as you would a pint I think is awful and does nothing from encouraging people to drink!!! I will not be back thats for sure!!

2  Thank catherinem1985
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Popped in for a coffee on a cold Saturday and had the soup and sandwich which they offered to make as a toastie at no extra cost