“Great food and service ”
Review of The Lochside - CLOSED

The Lochside
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Lochside Restaurant is situated in Balloch on Loch Lomond, amidst some of the the finest Scenery in Central Scotland.Our Chefs’ prepare the finest local ingredients to offer a varied menu of delicious foods all cooked fresh everyday!
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Regrettably our visit was on at 'dreich' (very wet) Sunday afternoon, after the unusually hot Summer spell. Balloch is a beautiful and scenic area and is always lovely to eat al fresco but torrential rain means seek sanctuary and opt for the dine in option!

A friend from Prestonpans accompanied my partner and I and we opted for the two course starter and main.

My choice was the starter of haggis and black pudding bon bons followed by Mac n cheese and aWe visited this lovely restaurant recently and were impressed with the quality of the good and the friendly efficient service.

Regrettably our visit was on at 'dreich' Sunday afternoon, after the unusually hot Summer spell. Balloch is a beautiful and scenic area but torrential rain means seek sanctuary and opt for a dine in option at lunchtime.

My choice was the starter of haggis and black pudding bon bons with onion chutney and side salad followed by Mac n cheese with a side of fries. The food was superb and served by a friendly, humorous and attentive waitress who is a credit to this excellent restaurant.

Alas we had no room for dessert although this course will have to ordered on a future occasion.

In the words of a well known 'Arnie' We will be Back!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Ate here with family, food is excellent, chef's seem fairly young yet delivery a very good, beautiful presented and high in flavour dishes. Had the prawns which were amazing, and the burger is to die for..evidently made in house. 10/10 for me.

1  Thank J E
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have eaten here a few times now and food and service are excellent. Best to book to save being disappointed. Hidden gem.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Lochside had a lovely, comfortable set out, tables had plenty room but not to distant from each other as we could talk and enjoy our meal. The meal was out of this world and very good value, we were there on the occasion of my nieces pre wedding meal,. I can say that everyone had something positive to say about their meal.My starter was haggis and black pudding it was so moist and tasted fantastic then I had steak with French potatoes cos cant spell the French word. it was amazing will definetly go back real soon.Tthe chef John was congratulated at the end of the evening as everyone wanted to meet him, And a special thank you to John from my family the Livingstones we stayed at the Lochside and it was really comfortable and friendly and thank you for breakies and a special thank you to your staff Diane who kept me going with tea and so sorry cant remember the young lads name they were really nice to us Thank you and see you soon, Helen Livingstone

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Outside it says food served all day,we thought great,menu looked good aswell.Stood for ages next to the bar which was covered in dirty dishes,for a lady to come out the back and handed us a sheet of paper and said the chefs on lunch the boy (pointedthrew the back)will make these,i looked up to see a boy playing with his long hair in the kitchen,preparing food.Did she seriously think we would stay and eat there.

3  Thank scottysayslookout