“Gorgeous location not so good food but will try again another time and do another rating hopefully it will be better”

The Boat House at Cameron House
Ranked #12 of 25 Restaurants in Balloch
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I became very ill after eating and as I was a guest at the hotel they phoned for a car to take me back to the hotel
I had not been drinking it was just a normal evening meal

1  Thank john B

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We shared a starter with lots of Scottish 'tastes'. I followed this with Braised Beef Daube - absolutely delicious just sorry I couldn't finish it, despite my very best efforts.

1  Thank Mattsmom22
Reviewed 17 November 2013

What a fantastic setting. Wonderful location, unbelievable views, in the Summer it must be a dream. BUT what a bland menu, sandwiches and pizzas ....c'mon this is Scotland. Get a local menu - so much great product available locally. Stop being lazy and turn this restaurant into what it should be.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed at Cameron House on the banks of Loch Lomond, which is very very good. On our last night there we booked into the Boat House which is billed as a Loch Fynes restaurant. It was such a disappointment, we had New England Chowder, which had too much potato in it, followed by Sea food Paella with very little sea food in it and under cooked rice. After complaining they did not charge us for the Paella but we would have rather paid the full amount and had a meal to remember. On the whole very very disappointing and I don't know if I will ever visit a Loch Fynes again.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Had an evening meal - staff were excellent very helpful but extremely poor vegetarian choice. Only pizza and pasta or veg curry for vegetarians and after choosing the curry we were told there was no veg curry left! We would have pizza and pasta for tea at home so was expecting a better choice !