“Excellent meal”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I dined here while staying at Cameron House. I had asked when booking for a quiet table by the window and that's exactly what we got.

We had a fantastic waitress called Daniella who was great fun and really did help make the evening. She knew the menu well and had no hesitation in helping us with some recommendations.

My husband was delighted with the recommendation of the lamb and being vegetarian I opted for the risotto which was cooked to perfection.

Thank you, excellent meal and excellent service in beautiful surroundings!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank skellytours

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Average food, great location and atmosphere.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Ordered fish curry, was presented with rice, a piece of salmon, two prawns and a very rich creamy sauce that had no hint of curry too it. Bit odd.
Other food was good especially the tempura starter, not quite good enough to warrant the added 10% as others have suggested.
Service and atmosphere were great and a fantastic spot overlooking the Marina.

• Visited May 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food, Great Setting”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a great little place to go for food. Myself and my boyfriend purchased the ITISON Deal which was a pasta or pizza each and a glass of wine or beer each for £20. Well worth the money! The pizza and pasta were delicious. We were seated right at the window over looking the boats which was perfect. I would highly recommend going here as the food is perfect and the scenery is too.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Linzi G
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasant decor”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The interior design is great, but they'll have to be careful that all those light fabrics & leathers don't become any more grubby. Food was well-presented, a bit on the 'light' side of substantial, but overall a pleasant experience. I'd have given it "good" rather than vg if I had the option above.

Visited May 2014
United Kingdom
“Seriously dire”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had high hopes for this place but what a let down. We were 6 people and the tables are so wide that it was almost impossible to have a conversation with the person diagonally opposite. When we arrived the first thing we were told was what was 'off' the menu. We ordered our drinks and meals and when the starters arrived 5 of us were served and one meal was left behind on the pass. We had to call for it. However, the starters were good so we let it slide. Water glasses are on the table but we were not offered water, we had to ask. Bread rolls were being baked so we had to wait for them and then no butter was offered, we had to ask. The main courses were a huge disappointment, pizzas with almost non existent toppings and one meal was inedible, a risotto that was so dry I could have made a doorstop with it. It was sent back and by then I'd lost my appetite for the whole experience.

The offer was made to choose something else which I declined and the manager offered to deduct cost of the meal from the bill. A gesture of complimentary desserts for all the diners was also offered but we'd had enough by then. In all we were served by about 5 or 6 different members of staff, it seemed like mayhem but there were few diners in the restaurant at the time.

The diner who had made the reservation is a member of Cameron House and should have received an automatic reduction, but again had to ask for it. We were eventually given a substantial discount of the cost of the meal. A generous gesture but it does not solve the problems the restaurant has and which they need to address urgently. If you are open and offering service all day then you shouldn't be running out of meals half way through. The staff are very young and whilst very pleasant, lack training and organisation and you most certainly need to have someone competent overseeing what goes across the pass. The risotto you sent out would have got you the sack in my restaurant.

• Visited May 2014