“Are the other reviews about the same place???”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe on the Loch

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Lancashire
“Are the other reviews about the same place???”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have regularly visited the cafe on the loch for cake and tea/coffee and all I can say is the staff are lovely, the tea and coffee are first rate and the cakes are ever so moreish... add this to the location of the cafe (on the shore overlooking the lake) and you have a lovely place for a snack...

I would highly recommend :)

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Eat somewhere else”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Visited at 1pm on Mon 7 April. Had to queue for around 10 minutes to order our food, although only 2 people were in front of us. They had already run out of jacket potatoes and as hubby is gluten free he could only have a bowl of soup which cost £4 and was fairly small! My sandwich was ok but server had put a sweet chilli sauce on the salad (without asking if I wanted it!) so I couldn't eat the salad.

The cafe has been designed the wrong way round. The food serving section is at the loch side and obscures the beautiful loch view from the inside tables. There are also no toilets in the cafe - you have to go into Jenners to use theirs. The chairs were also very uncomfortable. We will not be back.

Had afternoon tea in Jenners cafe and it was lovely - go there or somewhere else instead!

Stirling, United Kingdom
“Avoid it like the plague”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We visited here a few weeks ago with our young daughter for an afternoon hot chocolate and oh my god I wish we hadn't. All I can say is thank god we only had drinks as I hate to think how dirty the kitchen is. We sat at the windows at around 2pm and I reached down to my bag and behind the pillar next to it was dried, mouldy food and dead flies all over the place. Under the soft play area was not much better with lots of old food waste (very old by the look of it) and plenty of dust. The chair next to us had drink stains splashed all down it and the table next to us had a dirty cloth on it the whole time we were there (approx 1.5 hours)
We drank our drinks and left as we felt sick at how dirty it was. I decided to do the right thing and send the owners an e-mail as I felt it was a better way of getting my point across. We got an e-mail back stating that they are up to current Environmental health standards and that the place is large and gets very busy with children so the mess we saw was from that day. I highly doubted this and e-mailed them back with some more points only to be ignored. I am disgusted with this place and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank tiger2812
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Not child friendly!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have recently been using this cafe due to the area designated for children, presuming that it is child friendly. Today an apologetic member of staff came over to me and told me that her manager wanted me to keep my child quiet. He is 2 years old and was very happily playing in the soft play area. He was excited and had screamed twice to which I had said sssh! I complained to the manager but she said that mothers need to remember that it's a cafe not a soft play centre. I felt unwelcome and had no other choice but to leave with my overpriced lunch half eaten. From this experience I will not be returning and I would not recommend it to anyone with children.

3 Thank Tinkerbrll
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Disgusting food, dirty and untidy....AVOID!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

At £4.50 you would think a Ham baguette would be decent but what I was met with was truly disgusting!!! Room temperature Ham, on just a baguette smothered with awful mayonnaise and a side salad that looked like it was taken out of the bin. I could not even force myself to eat this truly disgusting meal.
Tables were dirty, no one cleaning them....food on the floor...
Avoid like the plague!