“Excellent Food and Great Value”
Review of Cafe on the Loch

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe on the Loch
Ranked #20 of 25 Restaurants in Balloch
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Great Value”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Found this place after leaving another restaurant within the same complex glad we left the other place as this place cheered us right up varied menu great deals bargain kids meal. My son ate half of my soup lovely homemade soup was so yummy home baking was so delicious staff friendly informative and chatty my family go a range of different things baked potatoes were creamy and fillings where jam packed value for money when we visit this area again we will be sure to come back for more. Thank you for making my sons 2nd birthday lunch super yummy

Visited July 2014

Lancashire
“Are the other reviews about the same place???”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have regularly visited the cafe on the loch for cake and tea/coffee and all I can say is the staff are lovely, the tea and coffee are first rate and the cakes are ever so moreish... add this to the location of the cafe (on the shore overlooking the lake) and you have a lovely place for a snack...

I would highly recommend :)

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Eat somewhere else”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Visited at 1pm on Mon 7 April. Had to queue for around 10 minutes to order our food, although only 2 people were in front of us. They had already run out of jacket potatoes and as hubby is gluten free he could only have a bowl of soup which cost £4 and was fairly small! My sandwich was ok but server had put a sweet chilli sauce on the salad (without asking if I wanted it!) so I couldn't eat the salad.

The cafe has been designed the wrong way round. The food serving section is at the loch side and obscures the beautiful loch view from the inside tables. There are also no toilets in the cafe - you have to go into Jenners to use theirs. The chairs were also very uncomfortable. We will not be back.

Had afternoon tea in Jenners cafe and it was lovely - go there or somewhere else instead!

Stirling, United Kingdom
“Avoid it like the plague”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We visited here a few weeks ago with our young daughter for an afternoon hot chocolate and oh my god I wish we hadn't. All I can say is thank god we only had drinks as I hate to think how dirty the kitchen is. We sat at the windows at around 2pm and I reached down to my bag and behind the pillar next to it was dried, mouldy food and dead flies all over the place. Under the soft play area was not much better with lots of old food waste (very old by the look of it) and plenty of dust. The chair next to us had drink stains splashed all down it and the table next to us had a dirty cloth on it the whole time we were there (approx 1.5 hours)
We drank our drinks and left as we felt sick at how dirty it was. I decided to do the right thing and send the owners an e-mail as I felt it was a better way of getting my point across. We got an e-mail back stating that they are up to current Environmental health standards and that the place is large and gets very busy with children so the mess we saw was from that day. I highly doubted this and e-mailed them back with some more points only to be ignored. I am disgusted with this place and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank tiger2812
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Not child friendly!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have recently been using this cafe due to the area designated for children, presuming that it is child friendly. Today an apologetic member of staff came over to me and told me that her manager wanted me to keep my child quiet. He is 2 years old and was very happily playing in the soft play area. He was excited and had screamed twice to which I had said sssh! I complained to the manager but she said that mothers need to remember that it's a cafe not a soft play centre. I felt unwelcome and had no other choice but to leave with my overpriced lunch half eaten. From this experience I will not be returning and I would not recommend it to anyone with children.

3 Thank Tinkerbrll