“Great little find”

Ranked #12 of 24 Balloch B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great little find”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed at the Waterhouse in for two days for family wedding.

We received a very warm welcome, the room was completely spotless and well equipped (I loved that there were extra pillows in the wardrobe so we didn't have to ask!) and breakfast was an utter delight thanks to excellent service and very tasty food!

I am also glad that it was extremely easy to come as go as we pleased, they provide you with key to the guest entrance, as wedding celebrations can go on a little bit and we didn't want to disturb anyone.

Excellent value for money as the breakfast was included (unlike some chain hotels nearby!) and really handy for events taking place on the shores of the Loch.

My only disappointment was that we couldn't stay for lunch, the menu looked great!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lanarkshire
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Visited The Waterhouse last year on a day trip to Balloch & enjoyed the meal that was served, so decided to make a return visit this year. The meal was every bit as good as it was previously & was served by pleasant attentive waitresses who made our visit most enjoyable.
The downside of my visit was the prices charged for soft-drinks for my grandchildren & myself which I feel was over the top for a sodawater & blackcurrant. Put that to the side & I wouldn't hesitate in recommending a visit here to my friends if in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Krustee
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed weekend of Fri 21st Feb '14 - Sun 23rd Feb '14. Really nice place, anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Loch Lomond - look no further! Can't recommend highly enough!
Excellent value for money!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Airdrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We did not stay in the inn but popped in for a bite to eat, as we were just out for the day and ended up in Ballach. The food was amazing and great value and the service was excellent. I was so impressed I have decided to book for a weekend break which I am looking forward to. So will let you know what I think of the Inn once I have stayed, but so far it gets a 5 from me.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Fayebears
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed for a little over a week at the Water. House Inn and was so very pleased with my experience. The staff is incredibly friendly and accomodating. By the 4th night we already felt like family!

I had the full breakfast every morning and now that I'm home, I find myself missing it. We had lunch and dinner a couple times as well, all delicious.

The inn is a quick easy walk to the train station. From there Glasgow and Edinburg are one and two hour train rides, respectively. Balloch itself is a lovely town with a few gems of restaurants.

My only complaint at the Water House was that the bed was a bit lumpy. Everything else, from the check-in experience to the day I checked out, was grand. If I ever find myself in that region of Scotland again, I won't hesitate to stay at the Water House.

• Stayed November 2013
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

The Waterhouse does not have a car park but there is Free parking over the road. We were not by a girl with a nice smile & warm welcome.
The room was large with a double bed & single however the bed was very soft. Both bedroom & bathroom were clean.
Breakfast was disappointing with low quality coffee and no fresh mild only small jiggers of UHT. No fruit or cereal. I opted for the full Scottish but asked for a poached egg instead of fried. Was informed I could not, on asking why was told they did not have enough rings on the cooker! That was a new one on me

• Stayed September 2013
Cheshire
Reviewed 4 September 2013

we have just stayed at the waterhouse this week & yes like all the folk who have stayed it is very very clean & the staff are all very very nice .we had a meal the first time we went their & it was excellent & we decided to book b/b & that is why we have been this week .but the shower was rather difficult to see how you turned it on & you had to keep the door closed in case you made the alarms go off .I could not believe they had plastic spoons in the rooms & only a couple of tea bags & that ufo milk .But we asked for skimmed milk & they gave it to us no bother & when we went down for breakfast it was very nice but we had to wait half-an-hour ,our drinks were cold by the time the breakfast came & when we asked about having porridge they said yes we could have it but we would have to pay for it .this I felt was a bit stingy .,but all in all it was ok but I would tather have tried a hotel .that we will do the next time we visit Balloch .But we went at night to the corries at they have a folk night & it was excellent & they all made us very very welcome.The waterhouse is very very nice but just a few little things we did not like .IHonestly thought that Porridge was & should be part of breakfast .would we go again .we thought no but we maybe go & have a meal their again .as the food & the home made soup was excellent & it sure was extremely clean & the staff so so nice .

Room Tip: we had room 5 .& it was good but the noise from the pluming & the walls did seem paper thin...