“Customer Service stinks”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Waterhouse Inn

The Waterhouse Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Balloch
The Waterhouse Inn
Ranked #12 of 26 Balloch B&B and Inns
Greenock, United Kingdom
“Customer Service stinks”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Shocking......had a lovely day in balloch and a sail round loch Lomond with my wife and daughter , we took my 81year old mum. We visited the Waterhouse inn , sat down and ordered some drinks ,when it came to ordering food my mother asked the waitress if she could order from the children's menu as she has a very small appetite . The waitress replied she would not be allowed to do that without giving us any explanation. I only regret that we didn't pay for our drinks there and then and left but we stayed and had what I would describe was standard pub grub at inflated prices. The service was slow and we found ourselves rushed to get to our sail around the loch in time , my daughter was to have ice cream for dessert , I asked the waitress if she could have it to go , she replied she didn't know if she had a container for the ice cream and we might be better off going into the takeaway shop next door. We quickly paid the bill making sure there was no tip for this waitress's appalling service.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Julie M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mount Vernon, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I wanted to spend a night near Loch Lomond on my way to Glasgow and wanted something with a traditional feel. I made a perfect choice. The Inn a very short (2 blocks) walk from the train station and near the Sweeney boat tours and the Loch. The rooms are pristine with lovely warm wood work. You check in through the restaurant, where both travelers and local people are eating. The food was good, especially the sticky toffee pudding with custard sauce. There was a small amount of noise from the street below but not enough to bother me. Wonderful shower! And someone carried my bag to the first floor. i would stay there again and again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We received a very warm welcome when we arrived (very late in the evening and well past check in hours) at WHI.

We found a clean and spacious room. The bathroom was very clean and modern.

Breakfast was good. There was a choice of Scottish breakfast, toast, cornflakes, bacon or sausage roll (from memory).

The hotel is in a great loaction- less than 5 mins walk from the shores of Loch Lomond and the national park (which is fantastic).

We'll be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dundee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed 1 night for business. Strange hotel, as doesn't serve breakfast until 9 and we had to away before then. They did offer a continental breakfast to be left at our room. Worst breakfast of my life. Cardboard cornflakes, warm milk, garlic tinged croissant, and out of date yoghurt. To make matters worse, had to ring doorbell for 5 minutes, the had to bang on window to get attention. Even worse, have e mailed the WAterhouse twice now, and they have not had the courtesy to reply. Such a shame, as the rooms are very nice, clean and modern. Won't stay again, and will strongly recommend friends and clients who have previously used it, to stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't eat at this hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank gill9796
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed at the Waterhouse in for two days for family wedding.

We received a very warm welcome, the room was completely spotless and well equipped (I loved that there were extra pillows in the wardrobe so we didn't have to ask!) and breakfast was an utter delight thanks to excellent service and very tasty food!

I am also glad that it was extremely easy to come as go as we pleased, they provide you with key to the guest entrance, as wedding celebrations can go on a little bit and we didn't want to disturb anyone.

Excellent value for money as the breakfast was included (unlike some chain hotels nearby!) and really handy for events taking place on the shores of the Loch.

My only disappointment was that we couldn't stay for lunch, the menu looked great!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lanarkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Visited The Waterhouse last year on a day trip to Balloch & enjoyed the meal that was served, so decided to make a return visit this year. The meal was every bit as good as it was previously & was served by pleasant attentive waitresses who made our visit most enjoyable.
The downside of my visit was the prices charged for soft-drinks for my grandchildren & myself which I feel was over the top for a sodawater & blackcurrant. Put that to the side & I wouldn't hesitate in recommending a visit here to my friends if in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Krustee
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed weekend of Fri 21st Feb '14 - Sun 23rd Feb '14. Really nice place, anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Loch Lomond - look no further! Can't recommend highly enough!
Excellent value for money!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balloch
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Tullie Inn
Tullie Inn
#17 of 26 in Balloch
Lomond Woods Holiday Park

Been to The Waterhouse Inn? Share your experiences!