“Thanks Mags”
Review of Braeburn Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Balloch
Braeburn Cottage
Ranked #11 of 24 Balloch B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is my third stay at Braeburn Cottage and this time again it was great experience and is undoubtedly the best B&B I've stayed at. Mags is the consummate host, making you feel like you’re part of the family from the moment you arrive. Beautiful scenic view and beautifully maintained gardens. Thanks Maggs.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Braeburn Cottage

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Once again we had the very best greeting when we arrived, My wife and I were shown to our room as always the room was very clean and bright.Our daughter and two grand children had the family room and that was of the same high standard. Breakfast was a true Scottish one every day or you could have just toast or cereal but Margaret made sure that you had plenty of what ever you wanted. Again Margaret, Kenny, Kirsty, and Craig made sure we all had a wonderful week's holiday.

Room Tip: All rooms are to a very high standard
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was looking for a wee place to go visit during the Easter break. The Hotel my daughter was staying in recommended Braeburn Cottage. As soon as I phoned and spoke to Mags I knew this was the place to go. We arrived before check in to be greeted by Mags, she welcomed us on to her land. We were given maps and leaflets on the local attractions and directions on how to get to these places. Our family had a great day out at Loch Lomond Shores and the surrounding area. I asked mags could I bring the rest of my family back to see the views and the animals on the farm. Although Mags was busy she took the time out to take us a tour around the farm. Trust me when I say she was patient with us as we all asked question after question, I'm convinced we all gained some knowledge that day. . We seen the chicken, ducks, bull, cows and the sheep with their lambs. All animals were well cared care and appeared content in their surroundings. My granddaughter and daughter got to touch a young lamb and feed the chickens. Our family went back into Balloch for supper. On our return Mags asked if we were cold when we answered Yes, she took us into a large comfortable lounge and proceeded to make a log fire in the matter of seconds. We met Mags' two hardworking children, I was in awe of her son that had been working on their farm and also helped out in the neighbouring farm lambing that evening. Mags gave us a list of what she had to offer for breakfast for next morning. After a great sleep in our comfortable farm house room we made our way to the breakfast room. Mags had not just laid on a cooked breakfast she has laid out a banquet of fresh fruit, fruit juices, yogurts and cereals to chose from. My cooked breakfast consisted of steak lorne, pork lorne, bacon, black pudding, potatoe scone and fried dumpling, we also got warm toast with a choice of freshly made jams. The gardens and surrounding area just took my breath away each time I noticed a different plant or tree. Around the back of the house there was an area with different colourful heathers and another garden. A small stream also runs down from the hills. I can safely say this is the closest I've even been to nature, the views when you sit on one of the benches at the front of the house are guaranteed to make you gasp and say WOW out loud. We were sad when leaving as we felt so at home. Mags gave us some fresh eggs, pork sausages, neeps and homemade dumpling to bring home. If your looking for peace and tranquillity and like you food this is the place to go. My 11yr daughter is already asking when can we return. beautiful memories made here. No need for a "Haste ye back" as we can't wait to return. 5 star service

Room Tip: Suitable clothing and footwear required if venturing out.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed here at the beginning of September last year. The place is lovely and Maggie was a very welcoming hostess and put us at our ease throughout the stay. It was quiet, which we like, with a lovely room and views. They have a wide outlook and beautifully maintained gardens, using their own produce to provide a tasty breakfast with a nice choice. There was a cosy and pleasant family atmosphere and we felt thoroughly at home. The price for a three night stay was very reasonable and we would definitely enjoy another stay.

Tim M.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed there in march for a longer weekend with my friends from austria and germany. We enjoyed this B&B very much. The full family is very friendly and helpful. It feels more that we are a part of the family and not that we are guest in the BnB. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was crackin`! I looking forward to my next time there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We just stayed for one night in early September at the start of a cycle tour. (we arrived by car) Stunning views, quiet location, well appointed and comfortable rooms, we had two and both were equally nice. Margaret is a lovely, genuine person who can't do enough for you. Secure cycle storage available if required. Highly recommended, and just a couple of miles from the centre of Balloch which has several nice pubs and restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Hands-down the best place to stay if you want to be doing things in the Loch Lomond area. We had the pleasure of meeting everyone in the family, and all of them made us feel completely at home. Margaret wasn't in when we arrived, so Kirsty (her daughter) and Kenny (her husband) showed us to our twin room (which was really a family room, with a double and a twin).

There are ample resources in the little foyer for guests who haven't yet firmed up their plans or who are looking for a place to dine.

The rooms are clean and cutely furnished, and you can even ask for fresh milk for your tea or coffee instead of using the prepackaged stuff. Kirsty made us some tea when we arrived and even sliced us some carrot cake and what appeared to be a variation on the nanaimo bar. Delicious!

There was ample room to put everything--and we had two large suitcases, a carry-on suitcase, a backpack, a side sling, and another smaller sling. Lots of sockets to charge your electronics, free Wifi, and lovely showers that don't require endless tweaking to get the temperature right. After bagging Ben Lomond, you'll want a nice hot one!

Breakfast is incredible: huge and traditional, with the inclusion of homemade jams, fresh eggs from the chickens, and homegrown tomatoes and courgettes (that's zucchini for us North Americans). Margaret will ask you if you'd like to try black pudding and haggis. We stayed for two nights and one morning we got regular breakfast sausages and the other we had Lorne sausage. Both quite good.

I could go on and on about the cottage and the lovely living room and the stunning view and the beautiful gardens, but what really sticks with me about Braeburn Cottage is the family who lives there.

Margaret sincerely wants to provide for her guests an excellent place to stay, and openly welcomes her guests into her home and family unlike any other place we stayed at. Her husband Kenny chatted with us at length about curling when he heard we'd played the previous year. Craig, her son, took us on a tour of the farm, although the sheep and cows were out in the fields. He picked up chickens so we could get good photos of them, showed us the enormous pig they'd just purchased, led us through the vegetable gardens in and outside of the greenhouse, herded the ducks so we could see them, and picked fresh plums from the trees so we could try.

They really are lovely folks. Everyone needs to meet them.

We really enjoyed staying with this family, even if it was only for two nights. I'd definitely go back if I were given the chance. Margaret, Kenny, Craig, Kirsty--I miss you guys already!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank LorBakGoh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balloch
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
#3 of 24 in Balloch
Queen of the Loch
Queen of the Loch
#1 of 24 in Balloch

Been to Braeburn Cottage? Share your experiences!