“|Wonderful B&B , Spectacular Scenery”
Review of Braeburn Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Balloch
Braeburn Cottage
Ranked #11 of 24 Balloch B&B and Inns
London
“|Wonderful B&B , Spectacular Scenery”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed with Family in May 2014. What a wonderful place.Margaret and Kenny were so welcoming and helpful, as to where to visit and really made us feel at home. The rooms were spotless clean and the traditional Scottish breakfast was delicious This is without doubt the best B&B that we have stayed in. We loved every minute being here.The scenery around the cottage and surrounding area is just spectacular.We are now looking forward to our next visit to Scotland and
another stay at Braeburn Cottage. Thank you both for making our visit and stay such a fantastic experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Powell River, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This place was a great start to our time in Scotland. We were made most welcome and Margaret is the perfect hostess - she goes out of her way to make sure everthing is perfect. The area is beautiful. We'd definately go back if we are ever in the area. Thanks Margaret and Family.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is my third stay at Braeburn Cottage and this time again it was great experience and is undoubtedly the best B&B I've stayed at. Mags is the consummate host, making you feel like you’re part of the family from the moment you arrive. Beautiful scenic view and beautifully maintained gardens. Thanks Maggs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kent UK
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Once again we had the very best greeting when we arrived, My wife and I were shown to our room as always the room was very clean and bright.Our daughter and two grand children had the family room and that was of the same high standard. Breakfast was a true Scottish one every day or you could have just toast or cereal but Margaret made sure that you had plenty of what ever you wanted. Again Margaret, Kenny, Kirsty, and Craig made sure we all had a wonderful week's holiday.

Room Tip: All rooms are to a very high standard
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Glasgow
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I was looking for a wee place to go visit during the Easter break. The Hotel my daughter was staying in recommended Braeburn Cottage. As soon as I phoned and spoke to Mags I knew this was the place to go. We arrived before check in to be greeted by Mags, she welcomed us on to her land. We were given maps and leaflets on the local attractions and directions on how to get to these places. Our family had a great day out at Loch Lomond Shores and the surrounding area. I asked mags could I bring the rest of my family back to see the views and the animals on the farm. Although Mags was busy she took the time out to take us a tour around the farm. Trust me when I say she was patient with us as we all asked question after question, I'm convinced we all gained some knowledge that day. . We seen the chicken, ducks, bull, cows and the sheep with their lambs. All animals were well cared care and appeared content in their surroundings. My granddaughter and daughter got to touch a young lamb and feed the chickens. Our family went back into Balloch for supper. On our return Mags asked if we were cold when we answered Yes, she took us into a large comfortable lounge and proceeded to make a log fire in the matter of seconds. We met Mags' two hardworking children, I was in awe of her son that had been working on their farm and also helped out in the neighbouring farm lambing that evening. Mags gave us a list of what she had to offer for breakfast for next morning. After a great sleep in our comfortable farm house room we made our way to the breakfast room. Mags had not just laid on a cooked breakfast she has laid out a banquet of fresh fruit, fruit juices, yogurts and cereals to chose from. My cooked breakfast consisted of steak lorne, pork lorne, bacon, black pudding, potatoe scone and fried dumpling, we also got warm toast with a choice of freshly made jams. The gardens and surrounding area just took my breath away each time I noticed a different plant or tree. Around the back of the house there was an area with different colourful heathers and another garden. A small stream also runs down from the hills. I can safely say this is the closest I've even been to nature, the views when you sit on one of the benches at the front of the house are guaranteed to make you gasp and say WOW out loud. We were sad when leaving as we felt so at home. Mags gave us some fresh eggs, pork sausages, neeps and homemade dumpling to bring home. If your looking for peace and tranquillity and like you food this is the place to go. My 11yr daughter is already asking when can we return. beautiful memories made here. No need for a "Haste ye back" as we can't wait to return. 5 star service

Room Tip: Suitable clothing and footwear required if venturing out.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed here at the beginning of September last year. The place is lovely and Maggie was a very welcoming hostess and put us at our ease throughout the stay. It was quiet, which we like, with a lovely room and views. They have a wide outlook and beautifully maintained gardens, using their own produce to provide a tasty breakfast with a nice choice. There was a cosy and pleasant family atmosphere and we felt thoroughly at home. The price for a three night stay was very reasonable and we would definitely enjoy another stay.

Tim M.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Grenzach-Wyhlen, Germany
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed there in march for a longer weekend with my friends from austria and germany. We enjoyed this B&B very much. The full family is very friendly and helpful. It feels more that we are a part of the family and not that we are guest in the BnB. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was crackin`! I looking forward to my next time there.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balloch
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Valhalla Bed & Breakfast
Woodvale B&B
Woodvale B&B
#3 of 24 in Balloch

Been to Braeburn Cottage? Share your experiences!