“Unexpectedly good.”

The Tullie Inn
Ranked #7 of 25 Restaurants in Balloch
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Stopped here for lunch. Lovely clean and spacious restaurant, and great food for the money. Recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed 24 October 2010

Called in here for lunch on our way to Drymen. We ordered lunch and I decided to try the mussels. What a mistake!! The were served in this awful glup - can't think of another word to descirbe it - and they were tiny and cold. Really cold not luke warm - cold. The service was great and the food was presented much better than it was cooked. When the young man came to clear our tables he asked if everything was alright, I said "No the mussels were cold" and he just said "oh". I didn't receive an apology or ask if I'd like anything else - just and "oh". An apology would have been great. I left as hungry as I arrived!! The bill came and the mussels were charged at full price. We had tried to book this inn and couldn't get in based on the mussels I'm really glad we couldn't. Drove onto Drymen and had much nicer - warm - food.

2  Thank lCumbrialor
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Looking for a quick and reasonably priced lunch, myself and my family opted for the two courses for £7.95 meal deal. The main meals were nice, but on the small side, and the desserts were delicious. The service by the female waitress was excellent, however a male (who looked as though he could be the manager) then took over from her and the service rapidly deteriorated. Sitting next to a small group of tourists (who were ordering food from the full-price part of the menu), we noticed that the waiter was asking them if they were enjoying their meal and if they would like more drinks etc, and he would then totally bypass us sitting at the next table! It is unacceptable if the quality of service received is dependent on the amount you are spending! Even when we went up to the bar to pay, he did not ask if we enjoyed our meal.

1  Thank LawLaw88
Reviewed 1 October 2010

It would be quite unfair to base this review solely on the food, as we only had a bar snack and some distinctly average scallops (I cook them much better). The barmaid however made the evening for my girlfriend and me - chatty, funny, informative, attentive - and when my favourite beer ran out, she had no problem allowing me to try out some of the others before buying. This pub is in the Good Beer Guide 2010, and deservedly so.

Reviewed 22 September 2010

Staff all friendly. Some starters okay but main courses all naff. eg Mussels - served in a very thick, intensely garlicky gloop. Wouldn't choose to eat there again. As a pub - absolutely fine.

2  Thank Twiglet2