We had a lovely time at the self catering lodge in Balmaha, but don't think it has the finishing touches that would make it 5 star. The sofa bed was adequate for our 2 young children to share, but don't think it would work for 2 adults (although we were offered another mattress for it which we declined). The property is clean and the hot tub was great, but best fit for 4 people not 6. Beach however was not great due to the sticks washed up on shore. Going down to the beaches past the water bus pick up point was a far better option although was a 15-20min walk away. We used the property as a base to travel from and explore the area and other lochs as not all that much to do in the immediate area after a day or so, which makes a car essential to do this properly although cruises and water us do make access to other areas around the loch possible. Oak Tree Inn was great as was walking up Conic Hill which are both within close proximity. Staff onside were always friendly and very responsive to requests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury self catering lodges and chalets in the heart of the Loch Lomond National Park with loch views and private foreshore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Loch Lomond Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loch Lomond Waterfront Hotel Balmaha
- Loch Lomond Waterfront Balmaha, Scotland